NCL Antarctica Cruise route discrepancy

Hey all,

I am new here, so forgive me if this has been already talked about.

I am looking at a Antarctica cruise for 2026, I am fine with a drive-by cruise only, but really would like to go all they way, as in going to Paradise Bay (seeing the actual continent) and not just swinging by Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island. Yes, I fully understand that there can be factors where routes need to be changed/altered such as weather etc. for safety reason.

NCL advertises on their web page the route that goes to Paradise bay, swing by Elephant Island and then head back north. But digging a bit more on their page, I found that all 24/25 sailings list Paradise Bay, but all sailings for 25/26 only list Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island.

The friendly cruise consultant insisted that it is the same, and they all will go to Paradise Bay etc etc. But looking at a map, it is roughly 250ish miles apart.

Also, when I received a quote, the title of the cruise left the word Antarctica out. - I asked the consultant and I was told this is just marketing.

Anyone have more info on this regarding 25/26 NCL Antarctica cruises only going to Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island and NOT going to Paradise Bay? Or is this a glitch in the system and not properly updated since it is so far out.

Thanks for your input.

11 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There are restrictions on ships going to Antartica. Only smaller ships are allowed to get closer and to bring guests ashore.

Big ships can get as close as it is safe to do so.  They can’t land passengers. 

On 5/11/2024 at 5:01 PM, Swisster said:

Hey all,

I am new here, so forgive me if this has been already talked about.

I am looking at a Antarctica cruise for 2026, I am fine with a drive-by cruise only, but really would like to go all they way, as in going to Paradise Bay (seeing the actual continent) and not just swinging by Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island. Yes, I fully understand that there can be factors where routes need to be changed/altered such as weather etc. for safety reason.

NCL advertises on their web page the route that goes to Paradise bay, swing by Elephant Island and then head back north. But digging a bit more on their page, I found that all 24/25 sailings list Paradise Bay, but all sailings for 25/26 only list Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island.

The friendly cruise consultant insisted that it is the same, and they all will go to Paradise Bay etc etc. But looking at a map, it is roughly 250ish miles apart.

Also, when I received a quote, the title of the cruise left the word Antarctica out. - I asked the consultant and I was told this is just marketing.

Anyone have more info on this regarding 25/26 NCL Antarctica cruises only going to Admiralty Bay and Elephant Island and NOT going to Paradise Bay? Or is this a glitch in the system and not properly updated since it is so far out.

Thanks for your input.

The friendly cruise consultant is lying to you.

• Haha 1