Purchasing transfer at airport

Is it possible to purchase a transfer to the port at the airport? (YVR) if it makes a difference. Purchased it for hubby and I and our travel companions thought their TA added the transfers to their reservation, but just realized that didn't happen. We board tomorrow. I know there are other means of getting to the port, but they would feel more comfortable riding the transfer with us instead of by themselves. TIA.

It just depends - they charter as many busses as they think they need, there is usually space for a few extras. So there is a good chance it will be OK - but be prepared to come up with a plan B if necessary.

i don't think the problem will be finding available space on the bus. the real issue is whether or not they accept "walk-ups." i don't know that they have any capacity to charge your friends. they are not in the habit of accommodating people who haven't prebooked transfers. NCL won't accept a credit card at the airport and nobody is set up to run the charge through, anyway. it's possible they would give them a slip of paper and tell them to turn it in to guest services once onboard so they could be charged. but without a prearranged transfer there may be liability issues that would prevent them from taking your friends. but if they do welcome your friends and transport them to the pier, my best guess is that they won't be charged at all. i simply don't know that they have a way to do that. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i don't think the problem will be finding available space on the bus. the real issue is whether or not they accept "walk-ups." i don't know that they have any capacity to charge your friends. they are not in the habit of accommodating people who haven't prebooked transfers.

I'm not sure how they handle walk-ups but I know they have taken them in the past.  I suspect they take your cabin # and let NCL know and it gets charged to your onboard account.  In fact, I've been told by NCL to just be a walk-up more than once, when I was wanting to book a transfer even though I was arriving the day before, planning to return to the airport. I said absolutely not, I wanted a guarantee they had room.

But it might also depend on the port.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

I'm not sure how they handle walk-ups but I know they have taken them in the past.  I suspect they take your cabin # and let NCL know and it gets charged to your onboard account

This EXACT thing happened to me and my sister in 2019.  We had transfers booked and paid for (sailing from LA), we should have been on the list.  The agent took names and cabin numbers when we checked in for the transfer and the next day we had charges to our cabins for the transfer.  It took a couple visits to GS to get the charges reversed.