Excel Class and dietary restrictions

We are planning a large family cruise, all adults, and we have a couple members that have some specific dietary needs. We have one vegetarian and one who can't do dairy or gluten and only eats fish for meat. I know there are tons of options on these ships, but is there enough for these restrictions without having to preorder every single meal in the dining room? 

Our other choice would be a RC oasis class ship...I know this is a carnival board, but would that be a better option?

Thanks for any help!

They have vegetarian and fish options at every meal in the dining room.

And just today, John Heald just announced a gluten-free menu on North American ships

31 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

They have vegetarian and fish options at every meal in the dining room.

And just today, John Heald just announced a gluten-free menu on North American ships

Thank you! Thats great news about the gluten free menu!

• Like 1

I just got off the Celebration 2 weeks ago. I have Celiac and have to eat gluten free. Even with the menu's I was still asked to preorder at the dining room. There were a couple times I did not preorder, and they were still able to accommodate. I think the preordering just helps them plan. I ate breakfast and dinner in the dining room.  For lunch I was able to get a sandwich at the deli made in the back.  Cucina was open for lunch on a last 2 seadays. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ozzie0075 said:

I just got off the Celebration 2 weeks ago. I have Celiac and have to eat gluten free. Even with the menu's I was still asked to preorder at the dining room. There were a couple times I did not preorder, and they were still able to accommodate. I think the preordering just helps them plan. I ate breakfast and dinner in the dining room.  For lunch I was able to get a sandwich at the deli made in the back.  Cucina was open for lunch on a last 2 seadays. 

great info, thank you! Are there gluten free bread and pasta options available?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, beckzay said:

great info, thank you! Are there gluten free bread and pasta options available?

Yes, there is gluten pasta and bread available. The gluten free Ciabatta they use at the deli is very good as is the gluten free pasta. They use the same pasta at both Cucina and the dining room. The gluten free bread service at dinner wasn't great on the celebration it was very dry and crumbly. Other than the bread service the only bad gluten free thing I had was the gluten free pizza at the pizza place. I didn't make me sick it was just like eating cardboard.

Edited by ozzie0075
  • Like 1

I agree with the comment above, the pizza crust is not very good, but, at least the chef was willing to make it for me!  On the Mardi Gras, the chef complained when I asked for Gluten Free Pizza!  The buffet on the Celebration also has a list of what is Gluten Free at Dinner.  I didn't notice a sign  at Breakfast or Lunch.  In the Main Dining Room and in the Specialty Restaurants, they have a separate Vegan and Gluten Free Menu Available.   

I have also sailed on the Allure of the Seas, and had a very pleasant dining experience on there as well at all of their restaurants!  I never ordered anything ahead on RC.  

I have a tree nut and egg allergy. We always go to the our MDR after we board to speak with them. Our waiter has always been great about making sure to let me know about possible issues and I have never had a problem with finding a meal.  

I am gluten free and sailing on Jubilee this Saturday. I’ll be doing a live so feel free to follow along bc I’ll def be posting about gluten free stuff. Or if you have specific questions just tag me on this during/after my cruise and I’ll do my best to answer 

• Like 2