Bayonne by Bus

We are taking the bus to Bayonne for a cruise. My question is how much must you tip the long shore men to handle your luggage from the bus to the ship? Many years ago it was $2 a bag. Thanks for your come back. We are headed to Bermuda on June 9.

You can tip whatever you feel is most appropriate. On our recent cruise, we had three bags and I gave them a $5/bag. But that was what I was comfortable with.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It depends on the person doing the service.  One bag, cheerful demeanor, careful, $5.   A good example is the shuttle bus driver who unloads my bag, places it upright on the sidewalk and pulls up the handle.  

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dctravel said:

You can tip whatever you feel is most appropriate. On our recent cruise, we had three bags and I gave them a $5/bag. But that was what I was comfortable with.

Last time I did a bus to the cruise port (a few years ago) the long shores men came onto the bus and requested $2 a bag for handling. Thanks for your comeback.