Some Encouraging News

ajoneen

Recently I had a few interactions with MSC customer service- phone calls and emails. Disconnections/Hang ups and  emails not replied to and promised phone calls didn't happen. Things were not resolved but I just gave up.

MSC sent me a CS survey that I responded to this morning- with basic facts and less than average on the sliding scale.  Imagine my surprise when I received a call this afternoon from a very nice lady in Switzerland.  She said my survey was flagged and that she had looked into my booking history for this cruise; and she was concerned. I gave her the facts and she agreed that MSC CS had not handled the situation correctly and that the individuals involved will receive retraining. She  apologized and asked if there was anything she could do to assist me with this booking. I said I was all set and just wanted to put this rather negative experience behind me- and in the future use a TA. 

She then went on to explain that MSC is making a concerted effort to step up their game regarding CS and partnering with TA to help make cruising with MSC more enjoyable in the USA. That is good news!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ajoneen said:

"I gave her the facts and she agreed that MSC CS had not handled the situation correctly and that the individuals involved will receive retraining."

The retraining...

dP7Jq6.gif.2e2a3de80ce8632f763ff53e88c66780.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, no1talks said:

The retraining...

dP7Jq6.gif.2e2a3de80ce8632f763ff53e88c66780.gif

More like a re-knotting. 

cat-o'-nine-tails

/ˌkadəˈnīnˌtālz/

noun

HISTORICAL

unpunctuated: cat-o-nine-tails; noun: cat-o'-nine-tails; plural noun: cat-o'-nine-tails

a rope whip with nine knotted cords, formerly used (especially at sea) to flog offenders.

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

LOL....they have had years to 'retrain' and nothing has happened yet.

The above is an untrue generalization.  My past three MSC cruises have require minimal, but some, interaction with MSC customer service.  Calls were answered promptly and the problem/issue/request addressed immediately.  I'll concede that others may have encountered different experiences but to state that "nothing" has happened is an overly broad statement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1