Virgin Cruise Question

Cobrakev

HI,

Looking for answers to a few questions.

I am looking for a cruise to take two graduating seniors on their First ever cruise. I have cruised over 20 times, but never on Virgin. The cruise is out of Barcelona on the Scarlet Lady. Would you recommend this as a first cruise for them? We are in our 50's, and have heard Virgin is for the younger crowd.

TIA

Virgin Voyages has something for everyone. It is by no means for the young only. I am in my 60's and have been cruising them exclusively lately. They will love it and I'll bet you will love it. Music is definitely geared for a younger crowd but you can see blues bands in one particular bar area so I'm fine with that. Food is very good. My first cruise was a gift from my in laws. I was twenty something and remember it (and them) fondly. Go for it.

• Like 2

It’s not really a younger crowd, most people are 30-60 with a lot of 50-something. Generally the people younger than 25 are there with parents and I would guess that a lot of 30-somethings have kids so they can’t make a no kids trip happen so easily. But the energy on the ship is usually pretty fun, so if people want to party they can often find it. 

Age is just a number, it’s all about attitude.

Virgin is very much aimed at the young at heart, unlike certain lines which can feel like floating nursing homes with activities to match.

If you like good food, slightly risqué entertainment and an upbeat vibe you’ll love it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Virgin is very much aimed at the young at heart, unlike certain lines which can feel like floating nursing homes with activities to match.

If you like good food, slightly risqué entertainment and an upbeat vibe you’ll love it.

Yes I should have added that earlier, even though there might not be loads of younger people, most people are there for a good time.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

OK...we are 58 & 61, have been cruising for 20 years. We have sailed Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, Disney, RCCL, NCL, & MSC.

Have NEVER felt any felt like a nursing home--we are active cruisers & like to be busy while at sea. Nice to have many activity options...but also the option to dial it down if we choose.

Alaska was also the most "chill" itinerary we have sailed...things quieted down early on both Princess & RCCL.

Super excited for our 1st VV!

Now, there IS one line we haven't sailed...have heard it might be a bit "slow" for our tastes.😉

Edited by KKB

In my 60s.  Got off my first VV with 3 more booked.  I've now done all 4 TAs that VV has done so far.  Longer cruises tend to skew a little older, but you'll see that on any line.  There is plenty to do on VV, regardless of your age and taste.  You may enjoy heavy duty work out classes or chilling on your hammock....or may things in between.  It is a myth that VV is for a younger crowd.  In 2022, the average age was 43 with a range of 18-90s.  I think VV thought they'd attract a younger group and their early ads made it look that way.....not so.

What there isn't--kids, beverage packages (no one trying to max out their package on a daily basis), rock climbing wall, go karts, ice rinks, Broadway style shows.