Harmony comedy show question)

Entertainment has opened for our July cruise.  

There are two comedy shows listed...

image.png.00e026cb62769dcf1938c31f41b19eac.pngimage.png.9ee099c77dc94bb84b859c686f0cc755.png

When you click into either of them, the description is the same (Adult Comedy LIVE). The only difference is when you reserve, what days/times are available.  

I assume the shows are the same (with some minor exceptions) and they couldn't fit all of the possibilities under a single banner.  Can someone confirm?

The show on night 6 will be held in the main theater... the others are in the comedy club. Previously, they didn't take reservations for that one but the same thing showed up for my July Wonder cruise (but not in March or for my upcoming June cruise).

How different the sets are depends on the comedians. Some will tell hardly any new jokes, others will have more new material.

FWIW, we've seen Louis Johnson twice (last October on Allure and in March on Wonder) and we really liked him. His comedy is very "adult" though if that matters to you. He had new material for the main theater show b/c he works the crowd in the comedy club and does some improv.

When exactly in July is your cruise?

July 14.  Getting tired of my questions?  LOL 

I've been on ships where they've done the "Family" show in the Royal Theater on the last night, the reason I didn't think this was it is it's still marked as 18+.  

Interesting though, I go to the one for Day 6 and the "Reserve" button is grayed out.  I wonder if it is the Family show and they did the title wrong. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

July 14.  Getting tired of my questions?  LOL 

I've been on ships where they've done the "Family" show in the Royal Theater on the last night, the reason I didn't think this was it is it's still marked as 18+.  

Interesting though, I go to the one for Day 6 and the "Reserve" button is grayed out.  I wonder if it is the Family show and they did the title wrong. 

It was another adult show (18+) in the main theater on Wonder in March.

I did go to the family shows in the past and often disliked them b/c I felt many of the comics were forced to do material that wasn't their usual style. I'm totally fine with family-friendly comedy, it doesn't have to be adult, but forcing a performer to alter what they're good at doesn't work well.

The greyed out button could be anything... ya never know with Royal IT. I'd just check back every so often.

July 14th is my Wonder sailing as well... I asked b/c I was hoping to see Louis Johnson again and he's actually subscribed to the FB group for that sailing (he posted on FB prior to our March cruise) so who knows? Can't really trust the app/website until just before a cruise anyway.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

I have been on Oasis, Harmony and Allure and never able to pre-reserve the adult comedy show.  Able to once on board.  In each of the sails, the comedians struggled to keep it clean when the show was scheduled in the main theatre.

I think it was our first cruise (Oasis) when we went to the both the "Adult" and the "Family" shows.  The family show was basically the adult one with the "bad words" edited out.  Jokes aren't as funny the second time around. 

• Like 1