Amsterdam HOHO canal tours

Hello, We will be in Amsterdam for 3 full days precruise. Are must do's include the Anne Frank and Van Gogh Museums. I am looking at the option of a 1 or 2 day pass with the HOHO bus and boat combined. Has anyone here done this type of HOHO? 

Thank you

Did it last summer. Do you have specific questions? We have also done it in other cities as well.

Anne Frank House needs to be booked well in advance. It is very high demand, and a small place. We ended up being unable to do the Anne Frank House.

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Did it last summer. Do you have specific questions? We have also done it in other cities as well.

Anne Frank House needs to be booked well in advance. It is very high demand, and a small place. We ended up being unable to do the Anne Frank House.

Yes, thanks. I have my calendar set for the day I need to try to get tickets for AF.🤞.

I am wondering if the HOHO boat canal tour is worth it or if the bus HOHO alone is more efficient to get around to the major sights.  Alone vs combo tour.

12 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Yes, thanks. I have my calendar set for the day I need to try to get tickets for AF.🤞.

I am wondering if the HOHO boat canal tour is worth it or if the bus HOHO alone is more efficient to get around to the major sights.  Alone vs combo tour.

"Worth it" is purely subjective.

The HoHo bus in Amsterdam travels a distinctly different route than the boat, so you are seeing different things. The pluses are you get to see a fairly wide range of Amsterdam. The minuses are the routes are fairly limited...not as wide area coverage as in other large cities we have toured by HoHo. 

I would recommend both the bus and the boat as good ways to get around and see the sights. Plan on doing some walking as you try to get to your sights.

I think, if I had to choose just one...bus or boat...I would take the boat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

"Worth it" is purely subjective.

The HoHo bus in Amsterdam travels a distinctly different route than the boat, so you are seeing different things. The pluses are you get to see a fairly wide range of Amsterdam. The minuses are the routes are fairly limited...not as wide area coverage as in other large cities we have toured by HoHo. 

I would recommend both the bus and the boat as good ways to get around and see the sights. Plan on doing some walking as you try to get to your sights.

I think, if I had to choose just one...bus or boat...I would take the boat.

Thanks, this is very helpful, and you are right, all subjective! 

One tip for the Anne Frank House, especially if you go in the summer months. I just booked for a June visit. T Tours open on Tuesday at 10:00 am local time six weeks ahead. The tour times filled up nearly immediately (and they have a lot). I set my alarm for 1:00 am Cal. time. Got up a few moments ahead of time. I was able to book, but  barely.  By 1:07 am, all times were sold out for a party of four on the two days we were there.  Had I gone on a few hours later, I would not have been able to book.

I imagine that it must be easier in months like November, but in high travel months, you really have to be on top of it. Be ready with the times you want and the days you can do it. And then book as soon as you can. Otherwise, delay a few moments and you may be out of luck. 

• Thanks 2