Youth programs in the summer

So, I’m thinking of taking my grand daughter with us on the Ruby to Alaska.  She is 10.  Are the kids programs going to keep her entertained or will she get bored?  I know it may be unusual bring children on Holland ships, but I want to make her week special.

29 minutes ago, mains_dream said:

So, I’m thinking of taking my grand daughter with us on the Ruby to Alaska.  She is 10.  Are the kids programs going to keep her entertained or will she get bored?  I know it may be unusual bring children on Holland ships, but I want to make 

It's not unusual bringing kids on HAL, but I think it's a safe bet Princess will have better kids facilities. 

In my opinion, other lines would have a better children's program for your granddaughter.

I know from experience that NCL has an absolutely wonderful children's program. My granddaughter was about 10 when we brought her on a cruise on NCL. It was absolutely Amazing for her. I have no experience with the other cruise lines since we haven't brought any children when cruising other cruise lines.

On NCL, my granddaughter didn't want to leave the children's program and do things with us!!!!!  lol. She's now in her 20s and she still remembers her special cruise with us to Alaska.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure she will always remember spending time with you on a cruise. 

Posted (edited)

My granddaughters (5 and 7) had a wonderful time at Club Hal this past February on the Rotterdam.  They each came home with a portfolio of projects and made friends that they correspond with regularly.  The staff were great and maintained a fun, friendly atmosphere.  The girls couldn’t wait to go every day.  They can’t wait until next time.

Edited by RubyCam

RubyCam, I love your post about the wonderful cruise that your granddaughters had. They will always remember their cruise with you.

I think it's great that the cruise lines have such great programs for kids.