FREEDOM CLASS STATEROOM ?

Hello,

We are taking the kids/grandkids on a cruise, we chose the Freedom of the Seas 8 night cruise for early December.  I am an avid cruiser on Celebrity but figured Royal is best for children.  I chose cabin 7534, my question, does anybody know what is in that empty "boxed" space opposite this stateroom?

Thank you.

image.thumb.jpeg.0907e0c6481d3c337c583bf5cf472573.jpeg

Assuming you are referring to this area.  That is a staff or crew area of ship infrastructure.  Since it is near the stairwell it could be a crew staircase that might be used for guest in emergencies.  It could be open during boarding since staff might be using that area for turn over day activities, including guest bag movement.  

That blank space is almost certainly a crew area.  It's probably where they store linens, toilet paper, their push carts.  I don't think it's going to bother you in the least.  

Having said that, I don't think you've chosen a prime room: 

- Will the grandchildren be sharing a sofa bed?  It's a small one.  Or will one pullman bed come out of the ceiling?  What age are the grandchildren? 
- It's very far forward, which means a lot of walking to get anywhere.  We pretty strongly prefer aft rooms so we're below the pools and the Windjammer.  

- On the other hand, this room is sandwiched between residential rooms, so it's likely to be quiet.  

Off-topic, but we like the first week of December, as it's almost always inexpensive!  It can be a bit nippy in the mornings -- consider packing something like light yoga pants and long-sleeved tees for around the ship; shorts'll be fine later in the day.  Long-sleeved rash guards are nice for beach days.  

29 minutes ago, wdwkings said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0907e0c6481d3c337c583bf5cf472573.jpeg

Assuming you are referring to this area.  That is a staff or crew area of ship infrastructure.  Since it is near the stairwell it could be a crew staircase that might be used for guest in emergencies.  It could be open during boarding since staff might be using that area for turn over day activities, including guest bag movement.  

Thank you I will change my room it could be noisy.  Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

That blank space is almost certainly a crew area.  It's probably where they store linens, toilet paper, their push carts.  I don't think it's going to bother you in the least.  

Having said that, I don't think you've chosen a prime room: 

- Will the grandchildren be sharing a sofa bed?  It's a small one.  Or will one pullman bed come out of the ceiling?  What age are the grandchildren? 
- It's very far forward, which means a lot of walking to get anywhere.  We pretty strongly prefer aft rooms so we're below the pools and the Windjammer.  

- On the other hand, this room is sandwiched between residential rooms, so it's likely to be quiet.  

Off-topic, but we like the first week of December, as it's almost always inexpensive!  It can be a bit nippy in the mornings -- consider packing something like light yoga pants and long-sleeved tees for around the ship; shorts'll be fine later in the day.  Long-sleeved rash guards are nice for beach days.  

The kids have their own room aft cabin, what they wanted.  Thank you.