Pool and hot tubs on Serenity

ivyleaguegent

Good evening,

I saw a recent post from a Symphony passenger that the pool was too cold, the hot tubs too hot, and most of the jets in the hot tubs were inoperable.  Would someone who is, or has recently been, on the Serenity comment on the state of the pool and hot tubs.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, ivyleaguegent said:

Good evening,

I saw a recent post from a Symphony passenger that the pool was too cold, the hot tubs too hot, and most of the jets in the hot tubs were inoperable.  Would someone who is, or has recently been, on the Serenity comment on the state of the pool and hot tubs.

Thank you.

On Serenity January & February this year. Pool water is salt water, not heated from whatever body of water sailing. Pool temp will approximate the temp of the surrounding sea water.

No issues with the temperature of the water or the functionality of either of the two hot tubs.

Rob

The pool water on both ships is, indeed, sea water. However both ships have heaters and claim that they heat the pool water to 82 degrees. As I swim almost every day wherever I am I know this to be false. Was on Symphony two months this winter and complained to Staff Captain several times who did turn the heater on which brought it up to 79 although he claimed it was 82. Next cruise I will be bringing my own pool thermometer. 
Jacuzzis have virtually no power. Staff claim they will fix it in “next port”. Waiting for parts. Never happens. Heat is right about 104 and quite comfortable. 

• 3 weeks later...