Planning For Formal Night

napria

On our September trip there’s only one formal night and from what I can see the theme is Black and White.  I have a long black skirt that will do, and I was looking through my closet for black or white formal tops when I came across a silver top.  Never having had experienced Cunard’s formal evenings I’m wondering if I could wear this metallic silver top? Or do I need to stick with black and white?

Sorry it’s a silly question, but I appreciate all of you sharing your experience.

I think that silver would be perfect and lovely!

Although many will go with the theme of the day, you will not be out of place nor thrown overboard for not being in lock step with the fashion police!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gala nights are absolutely optional. Most of the time, I'd say 50-70% of women are dressing to the theme. (It's harder to tell with men!)

That said, a silver top sounds absolutely perfect for a black-and-white night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect if someone thinks "I'm not sure I've got the perfect match for this, but I have got X, Y and I could accessorize with Z" then probably they are in the right spot.  But these are intended to be great and enjoyable nights, not a dry run for the Salem Trials.  Anywhere the OP here need has no concerns.

• Like 2