Advanced MTD Reservations Not Available - Wonder

We are booked on the June 30th sailing on the Wonder and for some reason I can't make reservations for MTD.

Unless I am not recalling it correctly, I was able to do this in the past?

I also have the 3-night Specialty Dining plan, perhaps there is an issue with the reservation system if you have that booked as well?

4 minutes ago, wido78 said:

Unless I am not recalling it correctly, I was able to do this in the past?

Yes, it's usually at the bottom of the dining tab in the planner.

That should not be affected by any other dining package booking.

Reservations with Dining packages have to be made once on board the ship. They talked about changing that, however it still appears that they have not. MTD reservations should be allowed through the cruise planner, however we have run into the time slots all being full for the days we were eating in the main dining room if we waited too close to sail date to book them. We just had to go down during the MTD period and go in the line for no reservations. 

So... I still can't do this and called RCCL last night.  Apparently they are having system issues and a ticket has been logged.  Try again in 24-48 hours is their response.

Hmm...

1 hour ago, wido78 said:

So... I still can't do this and called RCCL last night.  Apparently they are having system issues and a ticket has been logged.  Try again in 24-48 hours is their response.

Hmm...

If you didn’t try on the website vs the app, I would try that. 

2 minutes ago, Love2cruise-71 said:

If you didn’t try on the website vs the app, I would try that. 

Isn't working there either...

Oddly the RCCL Rep couldn't do it on their side as well.

I'm having similar issues for my June 23rd Wonder cruise. 

Can we book MTD reservation times once we get on the ship? If I head straight to the dining room when I get on, will they have reservations open then?

Right now, I have one night booked at 7:30 and there are no other nights available to book. I'd prefer a 6:30 dining time every night and I was hoping I can just go to the dining room when we board to reserve it with them.

2 hours ago, MussMan162 said:

Can we book MTD reservation times once we get on the ship? If I head straight to the dining room when I get on, will they have reservations open then?

Right now, I have one night booked at 7:30 and there are no other nights available to book. I'd prefer a 6:30 dining time every night and I was hoping I can just go to the dining room when we board to reserve it with them.

Yes, you can book onboard.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:16 AM, MussMan162 said:

You can speak to the maitre’d the first night 

On 5/30/2024 at 3:17 PM, wido78 said:

Isn't working there either...

Oddly the RCCL Rep couldn't do it on their side as well.

For my sailing, I couldn't add dining to my cart on the website.  On the app, I could add to my cart but not check out.  Went back to website and items were in my cart.  I was then able to check out.

21 minutes ago, wido78 said:

I am still unable to do this... ugh!

I've been checking every day too, and I can only book for night 1 on our June 23rd sailing. I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to need to book onboard when we get on the ship.

2 hours ago, MussMan162 said:

I've been checking every day too, and I can only book for night 1 on our June 23rd sailing. I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to need to book onboard when we get on the ship.

Curious... Do you have a specialty dining plan purchased as well?

No matter if I have booked a time in advance, I always go to the MTD podium on embarkation day, and talk about my reservations.  What I am most interested in is getting a table assignment so I do NOT have to check in when arriving for dinner.  MTD can be an absolute ZOO the first few nights of a cruise.

It's been this way on every cruise I've been on since MTD started. 

After eating on the first night, and if we have (as usual) fallen in grateful love with our waiters, I stop at the podium on the way out and tell them we want the table every night at that time.  Then, every night we quietly walk through the line and go to our table.  

On my last cruise, the Jewel Transatlantic in April, we arrived the first night with HUNDREDS of people in line, and I parked my "never been on a cruise before" friends in the lobby. I went up to the podium to inform the manager (who I had talked to several hours before about just this problem) that we would not be eating there tonight because the line would take us 30 minutes at least to get up to the podium. He said just go in, I will check you in.  Got to the table, said hello to the waiter, and went back and got my friends.

I have NO patience anymore for MTD chaos.  By the way, we couldn't get early fixed seating, which is what we wanted.  Excellent dining experience after all the kerfuffle was done.

See, the reason MTD and specialty restaurants take your room number is they are then assigned your daily dining tips.  They do not want to lose those tips for multiple people, ever.  So, politely informing them of your limits (when appropriate) helps.

• Like 1