Carnival Miracle electric outlet info May 2024

Hello cruisers, I was on the Carnival Miracle recently and thought I'd share some information regarding electric outlets in the cabin.  We had a balcony cabin (category 8C) and the cabin only had one (1) U.S. style style 120volt electric outlet and one (1) Euro/German 220volt outlet on the desk/vanity area (see pic #1)   The Euro/German outlet is actually a universal type outlet and can accept a U.S. two prong non-polarized (both prongs same width) plug such as a phone charger (see pics #2, #3, #4).  Most modern electronic devices such as phone chargers, camera battery chargers, etc. are dual voltage (110 to 220 volts) but be sure to check your device before using the Euro/German outlet.  This info is listed on the plug or charging block.  

You can also bring a simple 1 to 3 outlet adapter to allow you to power 3 devices at the same time (see pic #5). This is about $3 at a hardware store. You can also bring a non surge protected outlet strip/extender but they are kind of bulky.  

There is another universal type outlet in the bathroom located on the upper right area of the bathroom while looking toward the mirror.  This outlet is labeled for "shavers only" and shows voltage of 115 to 230 volts.  I'm thinking this outlet only provides low power.  I was able to plug in my U.S. phone charger into this outlet and confirmed my phone was charging so this is another option for charging devices in this cabin (see pic #6, #7, #8).

I've seen many questions about electric outlets so I hope this information is helpful for upcoming Carnival Miracle cruisers 🙂 . Newer ships such as Carnival Panorama have two U.S. electric outlets and two USB outlets on the desk area so charging options are more plentiful.     

20240505_144828.jpg

20240506_162428.jpg

20240506_162513.jpg

20240506_162520.jpg

3 outlet adapter 20171023_103851-1.jpg

20240508_063754.jpg

20240508_063801.jpg

20240508_063652.jpg

There are also two European 220V outlets on the wall under the beds that the two lamps are plugged into. (I assume that would be behind the nights, if the beds are separated.) They are perfect for plugging phone chargers in to use on the nightstands if you don't mind having one of the desk lamps not working.  Or, you could bring a European 220V adapter to plug both lamps into one of the outlets, freeing up the other one for the phone charger.

I plan to try the 230V adapter on the Vista for the bedside lamps. The adapter I’ve purchased should allow the lamp to be plugged into it as well as my CPAP (verified 120v - 250v compatible <<—- IMPORTANT! The adapter does not convert power to 120 as others have stated). I will start a new thread after the cruise to report.

IMG_0472.jpeg

• Like 1