NYC Pride Parade traffic

We will be coming in from our NJ hotel the morning of the Pride Parade. Should be plan to come extra early to avoid traffic? Expect major traffic anyway? It's always quite congested in the port area to begin with -- just wondering how much more busy it might be that day.

We'll have a car service. 

51 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

We will be coming in from our NJ hotel the morning of the Pride Parade. Should be plan to come extra early to avoid traffic? Expect major traffic anyway? It's always quite congested in the port area to begin with -- just wondering how much more busy it might be that day.

We'll have a car service. 

The parade runs in lower Manhattan.  Historically, the furthest north it gets is the starting point on 5th Avenue at 25th Street, then it heads down to the West Village.   Actual route for this year isn't published yet, as far as I know.

If you are just going to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal then you will be nowhere near the parade route and it should have zero affect on your travel

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Agree with above but this is also what you are paying a professional driver for. 

I just wanted an idea of how much worse congestion might be. I had been thinking of leaving a bit later in the morning than we usually do to arrive around noon and avoid sitting in the terminal lounge for hours, but if the traffic was going to be awful, we might have needed to leave earlier.

Either way, I will sit back once I'm in that car and we are on our way!

On 6/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, DaisyGoldberg said:

Just the information I was looking for!  Thank you!

To be honest, I googled it.  Wasn't hard to find the official info

On 6/8/2024 at 1:52 PM, Nitemare said:

To be honest, I googled it.  Wasn't hard to find the official info

I had done that, but am not familiar with NYC or traffic patterns/gridlock/bottleneck points there so just knowing where the parade was didn't tell me how it would affect port area traffic.