Parking Ocean and Walking to QE2?

I'm hoping someone can help me!

I booked onto the Sky Princess departing in August 2024 in October 2023. I took a punt and booked a parking space at Triangle parking - Ocean terminal as it was a really good price and princess tend to use Ocean terminal a lot. Although port has not been confirmed by the cruise company, looking at the Southampton port docking document forecast thing (sorry don't actually know the official name) - the boat is meant to dock at the QE2 terminal further down the road.

My question now is, am i able to still park the car in the ocean terminal and either get a taxi/Uber or walk down to the QE2 terminal or do i need to give up my bargain of a car parking space? I've seen conflicting information online to where some say its fine and some say Ocean Terminal parking only.

We are driving down from yorkshire so really don't want to be left hanging when we arrive although i have no issues with walking if required.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Geomitz said:

...am i able to still park the car in the ocean terminal and either get a taxi/Uber or walk down to the QE2 terminal or do i need to give up my bargain of a car parking space? I've seen conflicting information online to where some say its fine and some say Ocean Terminal parking only.

Mum's the word, OP.

It's a 15 minute walk. Done it myself when we unexpectedly docked at QEII terminal.

No big deal. I'd go to QEII Terminal first, drop your partner and bags, but don't check in yet. Then drive over to the parking lot and walk back to your partner. Tell him/her you'll be gone < half an hour.

And, if you dock at either terminal upon your return you'll know where to go to get the car!

Hows that for a Yorkshire deal?

6 hours ago, Canuker said:

Mum's the word, OP.

It's a 15 minute walk. Done it myself when we unexpectedly docked at QEII terminal.

No big deal. I'd go to QEII Terminal first, drop your partner and bags, but don't check in yet. Then drive over to the parking lot and walk back to your partner. Tell him/her you'll be gone < half an hour.

And, if you dock at either terminal upon your return you'll know where to go to get the car!

Hows that for a Yorkshire deal?

I did wonder whether they had anybody looking at where you were walking after dropping car but if they are not bothered, than neither am I.

many thanks for your help, I may do as you have suggested. Dropping partner (and kids) off with luggage then proceeding to park the car sounds like a winner.

There are several parking areas adjacent to Triangle, but I'm not aware of any rule restricting TRIANGLE parking to Ocean Cruise Terminal. At one time (don't now whether it's current) they provided a free shuttle to other terminals. 

I don't see a problem.

Yes, drop your bags at QE11 Terminal before parking.

Use Dock Gate 4 (Central Road) to access QE 11 Terminal to drop your luggage, then return to the same Dock Gate, turn left out of the gate  & left again into Dock Gate 5 to park in Triangle parking. You can then cut past Ocean Terminal on foot. There are no restrictions on walking in the docks, but advice is generally to use a cab for QE 11 Terminal

Dropping your luggage before parking allows you to see the walk to QE 11 - it's just under a mile but for much of it there's only a painted line between the walkway and heavy docks traffic. If you don't fancy the walk, stop off at Ocean Terminal & grab a taxi where they drop passengers there - it'll cost you to a fiver.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xYryeVAf2yrKuZSg6

JB 🙂

• Thanks 1

We had a cab booked from the Leonardo to the QE last fall and it was 45 minutes late.  Could have walked to the QEII in 20 minutes or so.  That car park would be less than a 15 minute walk.  Lots of folks were walking to the QE from the Holiday Inn (double the distance), although looked like sidewalk was a bit rough.  They were mostly moving faster than our cab in last 1/4 mile down the pier.  Folks were turning around and dropping passengers/luggage because it was faster than staying in line.

Next trip we are planning on walking, even if it is raining.

Princess doesn't care if you don't check in together but once you drop off bags there isn't much space to wait for someone to catch up.  You might want to let everyone go ahead and check in and rejoin them onboard.

• Thanks 1