Almond milk and stevia for coffees, etc.

jsiegel

Is almond milk generally available for lattes and such, or does it need to be special ordered?  I'm lactose intolerant and hate the flavor of soy milks.  Also, is stevia (green packaging) available as an artificial sweetener?

We hope to be booking soon for a Norwegian cruise on Viking.  This will be our first with Viking.

Jackie

No idea on the Almond milk, but I don't take chances on not getting my Stevia.  I bring a large ziplock bag of my own on every cruise.  It's very light weight to pack.  😉 

• Like 2

As I mentioned...my Stevia packets travel with me.   Then curiosity stuck me about the Almond milk.  I don't use it, but my sister needs to do lactose free.  Found a lot of this online.  Travel worthy.  🙂  

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjRZ3fG9NyHRV6BlLcKhRQRr_KqxWNUUHkrggxGXFAS9Y3voh-D7qFwUxoV4JcUGWsJkXVjIYJGM2ga136DdBZ1Es9M5ffLsXwCGqYoH-pQZFX7rz3yUzBZA

Posted (edited)

I thought I read a post a while ago that stated almond milk was available in the World Cafe. DW uses it and we will be sailing next month. I'll post an update when aboard.

The only non-sugar sweetener I've seen consistently onboard is saccharine. Others are hit or miss.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

I am also lactose intolerant and prefer stevia.  After several trips with Viking I have always been able to get almond milk in the world cafe and the living room bar.  I don’t know about the other venues.  The stevia is hit and miss on ocean trips and usually unavailable on river trips.  I prefer the liquid stevia so I bring a bottle with me.  

Watch out if you order an almond milk hot chocolate. It is made from a packet containing milk powder.

• Like 2

Make sure you inform the ship of lactose intolerance and confirm when you board that your file is so marked, especially if you plan on eating in the sit-down service restaurants.  

53 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Make sure you inform the ship of lactose intolerance and confirm when you board that your file is so marked, especially if you plan on eating in the sit-down service restaurants.  

Luckily my intolerance is not severe, I just watch what I eat.  No cheesecake, but sometimes ice cream is fine.  I'm now reluctant to mention allergies and intolerances on cruises because on one cruise I mentioned I was allergic to lettuce (yes, weirdly developed in my late 50's) and one night ordered the spinach and pear salad.  Spinach is fine for me.  The salad came with just the pears, no green at all. I had a good laugh and asked for the full spinach salad and they accommodated.

• Like 1