Vibe on Getaway

I’m interested in opinions on the Vibe on the Getaway.  For those who have experienced it, would you do individual passes or pay $100 more for a cabana?  This would be for a Western Caribbean cruise out of NOLA in early February. 

7 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I’m interested in opinions on the Vibe on the Getaway.  For those who have experienced it, would you do individual passes or pay $100 more for a cabana?  This would be for a Western Caribbean cruise out of NOLA in early February. 

While we have been in the Getaway Vibe, we did not have a cabana.   We had a cabana for the first time this past February while on the Encore and really did think it was worth the extra cost.    Going forward, we will always try for a cabana now and already have them booked for next year on the Viva and Encore.     We liked just having that extra space that was always ours.   

And the double lounger on the Encore in the cabana is much more comfortable than the loungers.   I do not know why the loungers are different on the Encore than on the other ships, but we did not like them.    

45 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

While we have been in the Getaway Vibe, we did not have a cabana.   We had a cabana for the first time this past February while on the Encore and really did think it was worth the extra cost.    Going forward, we will always try for a cabana now and already have them booked for next year on the Viva and Encore.     We liked just having that extra space that was always ours.   

And the double lounger on the Encore in the cabana is much more comfortable than the loungers.   I do not know why the loungers are different on the Encore than on the other ships, but we did not like them.    

Thanks for your insight.  What region did you sail last February?  And, did you feel like the cabana helped cut down on wind, as well?

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

@laudergayle If you are even thinking about booking Vibe, I’d go ahead and book it. You can always cancel later once you know the weather and such. Just my opinion. 😏

So thrilled we’re cruising together!!  🥰. Still up in the air about Vibe.  We’ve never booked Vibe before and have enjoyed being with Gen Pop.  I may decide to allocate those $$ to FAS Plus 🤣

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

So thrilled we’re cruising together!!  🥰. Still up in the air about Vibe.  We’ve never booked Vibe before and have enjoyed being with Gen Pop.  I may decide to allocate those $$ to FAS Plus 🤣

It will be a blast!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Lol…with you on board, I’m leaning to FAS+🥰

If we all book Vibe though it could be a fun party. I may book in case you do too. We do have 2 sea days…..plus sailaway day. 🤔 I can always cancel. 

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If we all book Vibe though it could be a fun party. I may book in case you do too. We do have 2 sea days…..plus sailaway day. 🤔 I can always cancel. 

That would be awesome!  Let’s see if we get any feedback on sailing out if NOLA in February.  I’m crious if @cruiseny4life and @Travelicious are Vibe-candidates.  😊

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

True confession. I just booked Vibe in case…..😎

Lol😊🥰. Can I keep up?🤣🤣.  In all seriousness.  We’ve never cruised in Haven.  Does Vibe provide something that Haven doesn’t?

Edited by laudergayle

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Lol😊🥰. Can I keep up?🤣🤣.  In all seriousness.  We’ve never cruised in Haven.  Does Vibe provide something that Haven doesn’t?

Are you in the Haven? If so then we really do not need the Vibe UNLESS we want to party with those not in the Haven. Vibe offers an outside adult only bar, hot tubs and padded loungers. It is never crowded IMO. I always book Vibe even if I’m in the Haven if I expect a lot of kids onboard or I have friends onboard who are not in the Haven.  I have been in the Haven with a lot of unruly kids before - not fun. 

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Are you in the Haven? If so then we really do not need the Vibe UNLESS we want to party with those not in the Haven. Vibe offers an outside adult only bar, hot tubs and padded loungers. It is never crowded IMO. I always book Vibe even if I’m in the Haven if I expect a lot of kids onboard or I have friends onboard who are not in the Haven.  I have been in the Haven with a lot of unruly kids before - not fun. 

We are not in Haven.  Boo Hiss…lol. My Dad’s last words to me were “I always knew you were cheap” haha.  That being said, it looks like the others on the roll call are in Haven.  I’m thinking me and DH are better positioned to “interloper” (oh my!!) in the Haven vs spending $$ in Vibe.  I like @cruiseny4life idea of the (my interpretation) “ Flying V”.   That being said…we’re open.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

We are not in Haven.  Boo Hiss…lol. My Dad’s last words to me were “I always knew you were cheap” haha.  That being said, it looks like the others on the roll call are in Haven.  I’m thinking me and DH are better positioned to “interloper” (oh my!!) in the Haven vs spending $$ in Vibe.  I like @cruiseny4life idea of the (my interpretation) “ Flying V”.   That being said…we’re open.   

Yeh we can always meet up at any bar. There are plenty!  I’ll hold my Vibe resy until everyone weighs in. 

• Like 1

Welp, I'm gonna be a Debbie/Donald Downer here. There'll be no Vibe for me. I just tried convincing my husband that I must allow myself to be consumed by peer pressure. I even told him there would be hot tubs! And a bar for his non-alcoholic drinks. He reminded me we'll have hot tubs and a bar too. 

I'll just shout to y'all through the door from the Haven sundeck! Or...it's still early. Maybe I'll wear him down! 

9 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Maybe I'll wear him down! 

Debbie Downer…Wear Him Down!!

Let the peer pressure resume.  Cheap OL’ me just booked the Vibe😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I even told him there would be hot tubs! And a bar for his non-alcoholic drinks. He reminded me we'll have hot tubs and a bar too. 

I'll just shout to y'all through the door from the Haven sundeck! Or...it's still early. Maybe I'll wear him down! 

But, if the Haven in the Getaway is set up like the Breakaway, the only bar in inside and downstairs from the sundeck.  Waiters will come around to take orders, but maybe not as often or as quickly as you need.  Also, aren't the hot tubs also inside and downstairs?  Good for bad weather, I suppose, but not for nice weather days.  Also, I don't recall anywhere on the sundeck to cool off.  Is there any sort of water feature?  If not, you again have to go inside and downstairs for this.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Otherwise, you might ought to go ahead and book the Vibe before it sells out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

But, if the Haven in the Getaway is set up like the Breakaway, the only bar in inside and downstairs from the sundeck.  Waiters will come around to take orders, but maybe not as often or as quickly as you need.  Also, aren't the hot tubs also inside and downstairs?  Good for bad weather, I suppose, but not for nice weather days.  Also, I don't recall anywhere on the sundeck to cool off.  Is there any sort of water feature?  If not, you again have to go inside and downstairs for this.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Otherwise, you might ought to go ahead and book the Vibe before it sells out!

Everything you said is right, except the hot tubs are outside. On Getaway, there is no roof, unlike Breakaway. We had a very chilly experience in the hot tub as Getaway made her way back from the Bahamas one cruise in January of 2023. That last night the wind was whipping and it was about 50 degrees. The hot tub didn't stand a chance - we survived about five minutes before running inside. 

All fair points from you! And all points I shall continue to pester my husband with until he gives in!! Just like he gave in on booking this cruise in the first place. I have a way of getting what I want. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

You are correct. I do not see a hot tub on the upper Haven Sundeck. This video shows the Getaway Haven Sundeck.

The Getaway Vibe looks huge!

IMG_5453.jpeg

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Another possible option for you is to see if the Concierge will sell you a few Vibe day passes. I was able to do that years ago on the Breakaway. Things may have changed but it never hurts to ask…with a tip of course! 😉

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Another possible option for you is to see if the Concierge will sell you a few Vibe day passes. I was able to do that years ago on the Breakaway. Things may have changed but it never hurts to ask…with a tip of course! 😉

OH! That's a great thought. If it has to come to that, I'll remember to at least ask. We can party hard on those sea days then!! Shot a clock every half hour. 🍹

• Haha 1

This is the Getaway Vibe. The bar is huge! They expanded it, taking over the public sun deck that used to be there. Nice! The video is shot after hours but you can still see how large it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

All fair points from you! And all points I shall continue to pester my husband with until he gives in!! Just like he gave in on booking this cruise in the first place. I have a way of getting what I want. 

Another point:  You're already spending all this money; what's another $500?  That is for both of you.  That comes out to less than $36 per day per person.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks for your insight.  What region did you sail last February?  And, did you feel like the cabana helped cut down on wind, as well?

Eastern and we used it for hours every day.

Glad you purchased the passes!    

• Thanks 1