Walking shorts on Nautica?

2 hours ago, Harters said:

Cue another discussion over what are "casual" jeans and "dressy" shorts. 

I was actually scratching my head about that (casual vs non-casual jeans).  

34 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I was actually scratching my head about that (casual vs non-casual jeans)

I actually don't have it as a problem as I never go out to dinner, on land or sea, in jeans or shorts - always long trousers, such as chinos. 

2 minutes ago, Harters said:

I actually don't have it as a problem as I never go out to dinner, on land or sea, in jeans or shorts - always long trousers, such as chinos. 

In my case, having the question is not the same as having a problem.  I'm just curious what the difference would be.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

In my case, having the question is not the same as having a problem.  I'm just curious what the difference would be.  

Just guessing ‘casual jeans’ could be ‘ripped’ whereas non-casual are just ordinary jeans without holes!!

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2024 at 9:29 AM, ORV said:

Oceania has no such rule. 

Don't overthink it. Shorts are ok anytime anywhere on Oceania except for evening dinners, with the exception of the Terrace. Shorts are ok and allowed at dinner there. They are not allowed at Tea, Captain's Reception, and Repeaters Party, although I have seen them then. I've never seen any restriction concerning the evening show, most people wear what they wore to dinner, so if you wore shorts to the Terrace you'd probably be OK. 

Shorts are fine at tea.  The casual dress is one of the things we enjoy about Oceania, besides the wonderful food.  You can still have an excellent meal dressed casually….including shorts in the Terrace Cafe and afternoon tea.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bradpole said:

Shorts are fine at tea.  The casual dress is one of the things we enjoy about Oceania, besides the wonderful food.  You can still have an excellent meal dressed casually….including shorts in the Terrace Cafe and afternoon tea.  

I never go to tea, other than maybe a time or two just to see what the snacks are. Team Trivia is usually at that time. I was sure I had seen a posted dress code in Currents for Tea, but that could have been years ago, it all runs together. 

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

I never go to tea, other than maybe a time or two just to see what the snacks are. Team Trivia is usually at that time. I was sure I had seen a posted dress code in Currents for Tea, but that could have been years ago, it all runs together. 

I rarely miss afternoon tea, and I wear shorts every time….as do many other attendees.  

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ORV said:

I think you're remembering the Currents info that says something to the effect that you need to wear clothes, not pool-wear (swimsuits/coverups). I guess some people think Horizons is part of the pool/spa area since those are the only places where swimwear is allowed (or going to/from room). Afternoon tea is not what I would call a dress-up occasion unless you want it to be.

Edited by AMHuntFerry