Roku on constellation

crslover

It has been a couple of years since I sailed Connie so my info may be outdated, but on our sailing in a Sky Suite the television was very old and we couldn't even access our account online.  Hopefully that's been updated - interested in hearing your responses.

Posted (edited)

I don't know the physical arrangement for the TVs on the Connie...wall mounted vs shelf mounted.

The challenge (on most ship these days, it seems) is getting physical access to the HDMI port(s) in order to connect for the wall mounted units.  On the ship we were on last month (admittedly not Celebrity) the only way that I could have gotten it plugged in was to literally unhook the TV from the wall, plug the cable in and then re-hang the TV.  I was NOT going to do this!  I could just imagine the room steward coming in with me holding the TV and saying "SIR...what are you doing?  SECURITY!!"

Secondly, some have posted that ships are supplying non-standard remotes which have been disabled from being able to change inputs after you've done your acrobatic act with the cable.  That was not the case for me...but a moot point if you can't plug in!!

I'm sure some will chime in and say "I had no trouble at all!".  Maybe...

Just don't hold your breath hoping to be successful.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Posted (edited)

I've used both Roku and Firestick on almost all ships on Celebrity.  

Nothing has really changed in the past couple years.    I find Firestick more adaptable if you need to spoof your location to watch your content.   Firestick has a number of VPN's built in.   No VPN is available via Roku.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

Is there something we need to do once plugging in the roll?  Is there input on the remote?  We have never tried this before. I failed tv remote 101. We use our Roku when visiting our kids. No cable.