Celebrity Open Booking Confirmation on RCCL?

Hey All,

I purchased a Celebrity Open Booking Confirmation awhile back. Never did cruise on Celebrity!  Loyal to Royal.

Can it be used towards RCCL booking?

Thanks!

NJ  

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hey All,

I purchased a Celebrity Open Booking Confirmation awhile back. Never did cruise on Celebrity!  Loyal to Royal.

Can it be used towards RCCL booking?

Thanks!

NJ  

Highly doubtful - two completely separate business units. All you can do is call and ask, but the answer will probably be no.😪

Celebrity will start sailing 7 night cruises on Equinox out of Port Canaveral this November, so you may find that as a viable option if RCL says no.

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Highly doubtful - two completely separate business units. All you can do is call and ask, but the answer will probably be no.😪

Celebrity will start sailing 7 night cruises on Equinox out of Port Canaveral this November, so you may find that as a viable option if RCL says no.

It's definitely a no as men tioned in post 2

• Thanks 1

ok - that for all the responses.  it's definitely a "no go".  maybe I'll bring in on my sept. cruise - someone else can use it?  or maybe I can exchange it.  will see what happens.

Cheers,

NJ  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

ok - that for all the responses.  it's definitely a "no go".  maybe I'll bring in on my sept. cruise - someone else can use it?  or maybe I can exchange it.  will see what happens.

Cheers,

NJ  

When did you purchase? As of 1/1/2024 Celebrity Open future deposits are NON refundable. If you purchased last year in 2023, you should be able to get it refunded. You only have 6 months from purchase to book a sailing AND receive the bonus OBC for using this open deposit, after 6 months the value is being able to use this lower $100 deposit as your full deposit. After 12 months, they expire, if bought before 1/1/2024, you get refund, else you lose it.

Edited by wallyj

57 minutes ago, wallyj said:

When did you purchase? As of 1/1/2024 Celebrity Open future deposits are NON refundable. If you purchased last year in 2023, you should be able to get it refunded. You only have 6 months from purchase to book a sailing AND receive the bonus OBC for using this open deposit, after 6 months the value is being able to use this lower $100 deposit as your full deposit. After 12 months, they expire, if bought before 1/1/2024, you get refund, else you lose it.

Purchased 8 cruise later confirmations onboard RC in jan. 2014.  only one for celebrity.  just used my last one for RC - had no problem with it.  

NJ

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Purchased 8 cruise later confirmations onboard RC in jan. 2014.  only one for celebrity.  just used my last one for RC - had no problem with it.  

NJ

You have a pretty unique situation as very few passengers will have these very old deposits that I believe have NO expiration. I actually inherited a RC deposit from a brother that was purchased in 2011 with no expiration date a couple years ago.

When I called Royal to redeem, they told me a ‘new’ booking number needed to be created. I did receive the associated OBC for using this old future deposit booking. It even had a friends and family certificate attached which I was able to share and redeem, so my friends received OBC just because we were sailing together.

This old Royal certificate was transferable, Celebrity should be able to verify if your old one has this option or refund.

You did not disclose this key information regarding your deposits were very old ones with probably no expiration. 

With this additional information, maybe the replies will be different, assume Celebrity should be able to verify your options for use of this ‘old’ deposit.

@Ourusualbeach, being a TA, are you familiar with these old Celebrity deposit rules from 2014. I assume the actual deposit/certificate lists it’s T&C’s.

Edited by wallyj

43 minutes ago, wallyj said:

You have a pretty unique situation as very few passengers will have these very old deposits that I believe have NO expiration. I actually inherited a RC deposit from a brother that was purchased in 2011 with no expiration date a couple years ago.

When I called Royal to redeem, they told me a ‘new’ booking number needed to be created. I did receive the associated OBC for using this old future deposit booking. It even had a friends and family certificate attached which I was able to share and redeem, so my friends received OBC just because we were sailing together.

This old Royal certificate was transferable, Celebrity should be able to verify if your old one has this option or refund.

You did not disclose this key information regarding your deposits were very old ones with probably no expiration. 

With this additional information, maybe the replies will be different, assume Celebrity should be able to verify your options for use of this ‘old’ deposit.

@Ourusualbeach, being a TA, are you familiar with these old Celebrity deposit rules from 2014. I assume the actual deposit/certificate lists it’s T&C’s.

Sorry, not sure about Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

The terms & conditions say:  it does not expire, it is transferable another guest

NJ

On 8/7/2024 at 10:09 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

The terms & conditions say:  it does not expire, it is transferable another guest

NJ

Sorry - I started a new thread - should've posted some info here.

Spoke to Celebrity rep - said confirmation is easily transferable - just have to email them with details.  I also asked about obc with confirmation - they said it was $100 for 7 day cruise.

My TA is saying I only get $50 for 7 day cruise for my RC future confirmation that I just used.  Maybe that's right.

NJ

54 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Sorry - I started a new thread - should've posted some info here.

Spoke to Celebrity rep - said confirmation is easily transferable - just have to email them with details.  I also asked about obc with confirmation - they said it was $100 for 7 day cruise.

My TA is saying I only get $50 for 7 day cruise for my RC future confirmation that I just used.  Maybe that's right.

NJ

$100 for balcony, $50 for inside or oceanview

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Actually for Celebrity here is what I found from 2012

image.thumb.png.a5fa44f0dd8416e94a86432106c02fdf.png

Interesting - thanks.  Yes, mine says OBC is based on length of voyage, not stateroom category. but maybe when booking they have something in the system that denotes obc based on cabin category?

RCI has a message that comes up on their website - says if you sign up for newsletter you get $50 obc if you book your next cruise within 7 days.  but turns out it is not combinable with practically anything.  So think this is what's called an "empty promise"! 

NJ

Can definitely confirm that Celebrity or RCCL onboard bookings can't be used for the other line. We asked this question to future cruises on our last X, cruise a week ago. I hoped to book with the opportunity to choose line later, but the best they can do for you is to book a RCCL Cruise (Specific date and sailing) onboard an X ship. I'm sure on RCCL they would have the same policy.