no show cruiser and single cabin questions

I think I know all the answers to my questions but I also know Royal changes their policies often so figured I would ask the gurus.

My family of 4 is cruising in May and I just had 2 people want to join us.  However one of them is questionable at best to actually follow through and come on the cruise.  She hasn't even committed yet.  I want to book a cabin for the one that definitely is coming.  If I book a double cabin, and the one person no shows, I would get back the tax and fees, gratuities, and any books extras like shore excursions, correct?  Would this also apply to a drink package?  Anyone have first hand experience with a no show? 

If I book a single and want to "upgrade" it to a double, I would get repriced at the current price at the time of the change correct?  

Do children get the C&A balcony discount?  If the only C&A member in a room is a minor can I still get the discount?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, grod19 said:

If I book a double cabin, and the one person no shows, I would get back the tax and fees, gratuities, and any books extras like shore excursions, correct?  Would this also apply to a drink package? 

Yes and yes. 
If booked as a solo in a double occupancy cabin adding a second guest shouldn’t trigger a reprice. 

Edited by Biker19

11 minutes ago, grod19 said:

I think I know all the answers to my questions but I also know Royal changes their policies often so figured I would ask the gurus.

My family of 4 is cruising in May and I just had 2 people want to join us.  However one of them is questionable at best to actually follow through and come on the cruise.  She hasn't even committed yet.  I want to book a cabin for the one that definitely is coming.  If I book a double cabin, and the one person no shows, I would get back the tax and fees, gratuities, and any books extras like shore excursions, correct?  Would this also apply to a drink package?  Anyone have first hand experience with a no show? 

If I book a single and want to "upgrade" it to a double, I would get repriced at the current price at the time of the change correct?  

Do children get the C&A balcony discount?  If the only C&A member in a room is a minor can I still get the discount?

Hmmm. I'm assuming you are booking a cabin that holds 2. A single is tiny on royal and gets 1 pt per night. Im solo and book cabins that hold 2 so I get 2 pts per  night.

The fly in the ointment is a last minute no show the person left might only get 1 pt per night, not 2 because it was booked as a double. 

27 minutes ago, grod19 said:

Just to be clear, royal does have some studio cabins for 1 pax. Whenever I see 6 days for under 1k I know its probably a studio. 1 pt per night. I dont want the sudio personally. It's a twin bed on some ships. See it also says 106 sf.

The inside holds 2 and a 2nd pax can be added later. Larger and a full bed if beds pushed together. Or separated to hold 2 pax.

Also the discount is rare if you book direct. Find a TA with group rates and then you get the discount. The $600 off is bigger than your discount booking direct so no one will get it. Kids or adults. 

20240812_112849507.jpeg

20240812_112906597.jpeg

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just to be clear, royal does have some studio cabins for 1 pax. Whenever I see 6 days for under 1k I know its probably a studio. 1 pt per night. I dont want the sudio personally. It's a twin bed on some ships. See it also says 106 sf.

The inside holds 2 and a 2nd pax can be added later. Larger and a full bed if beds pushed together. Or separated to hold 2 pax.

Also the discount is rare if you book direct. Find a TA with group rates and then you get the discount. The $600 off is bigger than your discount booking direct so no one will get it. Kids or adults. 

20240812_112849507.jpeg

20240812_112906597.jpeg

I have seen the studios on Quantum class ships but we are going on Symphony.  Not sure if they have them.  If they do they aren't showing up so they might be fully booked already.  Regardless i was thinking of booking the double as a safety net incase the second person does come.  Honestly the price difference is negligible at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grod19 said:

If you book a double cabin for 1 person and add a second person later it will not be repriced.  The only difference will be the taxes and fees.

Yes, children are entitled to the balcony discount.

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book a double cabin for 1 person and add a second person later it will not be repriced.  The only difference will be the taxes and fees.

How would they handle adding a 2nd person if originally booked with 125% or 150% solo supplement?