Backpack in Pompeii and Rome

Tina80

12 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

You cannot carry a backpack into the Vatican Museums, the Colosseum, or Galleria Borghese in Rome.  I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that pop to mind.  

A small backpack (less than cm 30x30x15) is allowed at Pompei: Regulations for visitors - Pompeii Sites

Perfect, thank you so much for your reply

16 hours ago, Tina80 said:

Do they allow backpacks in Rome and Pompeii?

Even if you are allowed a backpack consider whether you actually need one and whether it is desirable to be carrying one.

Rome and Pompeii are big with lots of walking, and generally hot, very hot, and so carrying a backpack around all day is not going to be very pleasant.

Just to share, the backpack you are looking at just screams HEY PEOPLE WHO PICKPOCKET! HERE I AM!!.

I use a crossbody bag with security features. I'm still susceptible to pick pocketers,,,,,,,, unless I'm standing next to you😁

Edited by klfrodo

Let's assume that the OP is aware of the pickpocketing problems and is only intending to carry in her backpack water, sunscreen, tissues, a scarf or sweater, a guidebook ... the kinds of things you might want or need during a long day out, but not her passport, cell phone, credit cards or money.

I tend to carry more things around on a port day than if I were staying in the city, where I could pop back to my room to grab a sweater, or a rain poncho, if needed.  On a port day you have to carry it with you or live without it.

Edited by euro cruiser

6 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Let's assume that the OP is aware of the pickpocketing problems and is only intending to carry in her backpack water, sunscreen, tissues, a scarf or sweater, a guidebook ... the kinds of things you might want or need during a long day out, but not her passport, cell phone, credit cards or money.

I tend to carry more things around on a port day than if I were staying in the city, where I could pop back to my room to grab a sweater, or a rain poncho, if needed.  On a port day you have to carry it with you or live without it.

Exactly, I was not planning on carrying anything valuable in there. Just a sweater for me and my kid, a hat, Clorox, wet ones, things like this.