Wifi cheaper to book before cruise or on the ship???

10 minutes ago, Lovecruising831 said:

We are booked on a cruise on Eurodam in Jan 2025 and for the first time we don't have the HIA package.  Does anyone know if the price is better booking before the cruise or while we are on board.  Thanks so much  

If you get the premium level it is about 30% cheaper to purchase ahead.  You can't purchase the surf before boarding.

Edited by iflyrc5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

If you get the premium level it is about 30% cheaper to purchase ahead.  You can't purchase the surf before boarding.

We have OBC so we can’t book until we are on board. We both use our ipad only and it’s not clear if we need just the basic package or multi.

2 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

We have OBC so we can’t book until we are on board. We both use our ipad only and it’s not clear if we need just the basic package or multi.

You can use the surf package and purchase on board but unless you purchase the multidevice package you will need to log off one device and then log on the other device.  

13 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

You can use the surf package and purchase on board but unless you purchase the multidevice package you will need to log off one device and then log on the other device.  

Interesting because they are charging both of us for the package.and if you want 4 device access you have to purchase the multidevice package. I may phone them on Monday to confirm.

10 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

Interesting because they are charging both of us for the package.

You don't need to purchase a package for each person if you don't want to.  As mentioned by @iflyrc5 two people can share the wifi but only one can be logged on at a time and both must use the same log in password.

Ask your TA or PCC to adjust your plan to how you want it.

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oakridger said:

You don't need to purchase a package for each person if you don't want to.  As mentioned by @iflyrc5 two people can share the wifi but only one can be logged on at a time and both must use the same log in password.

Ask your TA or PCC to adjust your plan to how you want it.

~Nancy

Thanks Nancy 

We are cruising down the St Lawrence and will be in Canadian waters most of the time.  I'm, thinking of using my phone as a hotspot instead of the expensive internet. By the way internet is free in every Canadian port.

48 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

We are cruising down the St Lawrence and will be in Canadian waters most of the time.  I'm, thinking of using my phone as a hotspot instead of the expensive internet. By the way internet is free in every Canadian port.

We are Canadians and are aware of the free internet in ports. We are on a Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. 

50 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

When you click on the premium for internet plan it shows how you can pay that amount per person and the same with the premium multi device. If you pay for two passengers it should be the lower price vs the multi device correct?

Sorry but I don't buy the internet plans so I didn't click on any of them.  In the Caribbean I cruise on Celebrity and our internet is free. (a lot of cruises to get the free stuff)

20 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

Sorry but I don't buy the internet plans so I didn't click on any of them.  In the Caribbean I cruise on Celebrity and our internet is free. (a lot of cruises to get the free stuff)

We have cruised on Celebrity as well and had free wifi. This is the first time (bus tour no fly cruise from Ontario) and the grats are included but we are on our own for everything else. 

18 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Just for clarification, here is a table of internet prices to help in planning: Internet Prices Table 2024

Thank you for that. But the HAL website still shows that if you book for two people before cruising it is $179 pp for the one device each for 11 nights. So $360 for two passengers for one device each. 

23 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

It’s per person for each plan so it is more expensive for 2 passengers for the  multi plan. price listed is for each passenger.

However, multiple passengers can use one multipackage as long as no more than 4 devices are used at one time

3 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

I don’t think so. I will phone tomorrow and check but when I go to order it charges per person for each plan.

A single plan can be used by every person in your stateroom but is restricted to one device using the internet at any one time.  The login name and password are the same for each of those persons. 

Multiple-device plans allow up to four devices with the same login and password to be logged in to the internet at the same time.

37 minutes ago, Crew News said:

A single plan can be used by every person in your stateroom but is restricted to one device using the internet at any one time.  The login name and password are the same for each of those persons. 

Multiple-device plans allow up to four devices with the same login and password to be logged in to the internet at the same time.

When we were on board last time we could each use one device with our own login name and password.