Bar Set Up -- When do they charge your card??

pattie63

Hi - We are sailing on the Dawn departure of 4/6/06. A few weeks ago I ordered a bar set up (1-866-625-1159). They said they would send a confirmation of the order (which I know that they sometimes do and sometimes don't do). I haven't received an e-mail nor have they charged my credit card yet. I was wondering when they normally charge your card and if I should call and check up on this since we are leaving in a few day.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered an Anniversary package and an extra bottle of wine and the charges appeared within 48 hrs and email confirmation came soon after. Both charges appeared separately, but on the same day. This is my only experience ordering a bar setup so I cannot confirm if this timing is normal.

i ordered my bar setup today (thanks to the advice of everyone here!) and i was told they would charge my credit card 2-3 days before the cruise. they told me i would not receive a confirmation but that i could call 2 days before the cruise to make sure the order had gone through.

I ordered a few weeks ago and was told I would receive confirmation about 10 days before my cruise...called today (leaving on the 8th) and they had my order, but they had the wrong kind of liquor. Glad I called-still don't have confirmation but at least a better chance of ending with the right bottle. In retrospect, it's probably easier and less hassel just to sneak it on.

yikes thats totally different from what i was told today. i think i'll make a note to call next week to confirm.

Just request an email confirmation.

If you have not received it by the week before the cruise, call and request it again.

Good Luck

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Hi

We are leaving tomorrow and I hadn't received confirmation on our aniversary package and our bar setup. I emailed this morning and she emailed me back saying she had charged the aniversary package earlier in the week and was just working on our bar setup this afternoon and that everything would be there. We can't wait!

Hi

We are leaving tomorrow and I hadn't received confirmation on our aniversary package and our bar setup. I emailed this morning and she emailed me back saying she had charged the aniversary package earlier in the week and was just working on our bar setup this afternoon and that everything would be there. We can't wait!

Just bring a copy of that email with you.

How exciting....leaving tomorrow!

I had some problems with mine on the 3/18 sailing of the Sun, described in my partially completed review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321186

I recommend getting an email if possible and also if not make sure you have that phone number written down or saved to cell phone, you will still be at the port when you see if your liquor is in the room or not so you can call the number and hand the phone to the reception desk people if need be.

Just bring a copy of that email with you.

How exciting....leaving tomorrow!

Hey MN. girl! MN. folks here too, have a great time on your cruise! We leave on the Jewel on April 30 for the transatlantic, imagine us Midwesterners on a cruise ship to Europe! Told DH NO flannel shirts!

Hey MN. girl! MN. folks here too, have a great time on your cruise! We leave on the Jewel on April 30 for the transatlantic, imagine us Midwesterners on a cruise ship to Europe! Told DH NO flannel shirts!

April 30..what a great time to cruise! Lucky you!

Let DH bring what he wants to wear...ships are cool (air conditioning) ....relax and enjoy! That's what NCL and freestyle is all about!

Let us know how it was. You will love the Jewel:)

Just got off the phone with NCL courtesty desk. I explained I ordered a bar set up several weeks ago, I am sailing on Thursday and I haven't yet been charged or received confirmation. The rep. told me that they would be putting through the order today and that I should see a charge tonight or tomorrow. I sure hope so as I don't want to drag along my mixers for no reason!!

4 days and counting!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I called a couple of weeks ago to arrange for a bar setup for our cruise leaving NY this Sunday on the Spirit. I haven't seen the charge come through on my card and haven't received any type of confirmation.

I've read that some people have emailed NCL regarding the bar set (to follow up, not to order). What is the email address for that type of inquiry? I know that I can call but would prefer something in writing.

Thanks.

I ordered a bar setup and requested a confirmation about a month before cruising. They told me it would take 2 to 3 days to charge it and then they would send the confirmation. I called 2 more times, in the next momth, and ask for a confirmation, was told they would send me one each time and it never showed up. The night before I was leaving for Houston I called and they said that department was closed and they couldnt send me one. I complained and ask to speak to a supervisor, after several minutes she came back and said the supervisor had called the ship, my order was on the manifest and I would have no problem. I get to the ship,no bar setup, they can't find it on the manifest and the supervisor is too busy to talk to me right then. They would check on it and call my cabin, which they did about 5 minutes later and said it was on the way. It was such a hassle all the way around but I plan on ordering the bar setup next time.

Be very insistent they send you a confirmation that you can take with you, maybe you will get one.

I've ordered a bar set-up for both of our cruises. On both occasions I was told that I couldn't be sent an e-mail confirmation until 48 hours before sailing. In both cases we had already left home for the US more than 48 hours prior. Neither time did we receive any e-mail confirmation but both times we received the important part - the bottle of gin ;)

There is nothing listed anywhere on the NCL website about bar setups. You have to call to find out what brands are available, unless a helpful CCer has a list to hand? The cost is either $40 or $55 per 1 litre bottle (depending on brand) plus a $3 charge (no matter how many bottles you order). When I called last year I wanted to know what brands of gin were available - the girl listed all $40 and all $55 ones quite happily.

Thanks Calmac,

I can't believe they wouldn't offer these choices like they do other items for the cabin. I saw the Soda card is $5.75 per day at sea, and some gift baskets etc. On other cruise lines you could buy liquor at the gift shop and pay extra for in-room consumption, or pay less and have them hold it until the end of the cruise. Are there the same options with NCL?

Archived