Monarch MUST be very popular!

Where will we find the one on Catalina?

Coldstone Creamery

118 Sumner Ave.

I'm jealous of all you upcoming Monarch sailors. It's been three long months since we were on the Monarch for our first cruise. We have just under a year before we'll sail her again. :( Sigh!

Has anyone had a SO on deck 9? I'm thinking of upgrading for me and my grandson age 17 because the cabin is 157 sq ft vs 122. I'm not able to see in the photos which cabins wouldn't be very obstructed. 9554 is a little more mid ship but can't tell how much it's blocked. :confused:

Thanks

Marge & Chris

What a fantastic album, fast and so EZ to get through the photos. It's been a great help to be in trying to see if I want to change to a Superio O/V the balcony are sold out.

Marge

Having sailed both, Freedom once, Monarch numerous times, while I agree with Phoenix that you can't compare the 2 ships there are different things I like about both. We have also sailed the Monarch with plenty of people that fly in and IMHO it is a wonderful first ship/trip to sail. She was our first so I may be a bit predjudiced. Here is a link to the website photo's of the person who started this thread and his sailing with his mother.

Has anyone had a SO on deck 9? I'm thinking of upgrading for me and my grandson age 17 because the cabin is 157 sq ft vs 122. I'm not able to see in the photos which cabins wouldn't be very obstructed. 9554 is a little more mid ship but can't tell how much it's blocked. :confused:

Thanks

Marge & Chris

There aren't many balconies and they sell out way ahead of time because they are coveted! The SO's on deck 9 are very nice. They do have a bit more room to move around. A very small sitting area. Think love seat and table, much more storage and the bathroom is bigger and nicer than the regular OV's. Deck 8 is more obstructed by the life boats. On deck 9 you look down on them. I would take a deck 9 cabin. Hope that helps!

The SO's that are available list them as 50% obustructed. I called and spoke with RCL and they couldn't tell anymore than that.

Thanks for the reply.

We usually take large groups on the Monarch so although I haven't personally sailed on deck 9, I put my son and his friend in one....(we were in a Jr Suite..... :D . I have sailed, inside, outsides on deck 3 and 4, Jr Suites numerous times and a Grand Suite one time. I have been in all the cabin classes except the Royal Suite....:( .....LOL

I would take deck 9 for the extra space. Not the view. IMHO I get the oceanviews just for the outside light, not the view. You are 2 decks down from the pool deck, the buffet, etc....Close to the disco but not on the same deck for the 17 yr old. If you don't have a balcony the view doesn't matter much but the extra space including closet and bathroom will make traveling with a 17 yr old more enjoyable and there is the small couch and table so you aren't always sitting on your bed.:rolleyes:

We had a deck 9 SO in March of this year. The difference in space between that and a regular OV or inside is well worth it IMO! DH and I were very comfortable, and the view you have straight out is wonderful. The lifeboats are really on deck 8, deck 9 looks over them. In Catalina (isn't it sad about the fire :() we had a flock of seagulls sitting on the lifeboat under our window, they were fun to watch!

Thanks

Marge & Chris

Just sailed in 9554 (I posted a review). Location was very convenient. Room was spacious enough and worked out very well for DH and I, but we had the two beds together, so was proably a little roomier for us than it would be with them separated. Didn't take any pics of the cabin, though. The window is set back from the wall, and when you look out, the lifeboats are a little below eye level. Can see the water below between them when you look down. Just keep drapes closed when changing...workers clean the seagull droppings off the lifeboats every day ;)

zuscruiserz - I'm going to change because of realen reply but yours is even more helpful, thanks

Do you mine telling what cabin you had. I'm looking at 9554.

We had a deck 9 SO in March of this year. The difference in space between that and a regular OV or inside is well worth it IMO! DH and I were very comfortable, and the view you have straight out is wonderful. The lifeboats are really on deck 8, deck 9 looks over them. In Catalina (isn't it sad about the fire :() we had a flock of seagulls sitting on the lifeboat under our window, they were fun to watch!

Hubby and I are going July 6th on a 3dayer. I cant wait! Pics that were linked are awesome. I would love to see more you really get a true sence of being there through them!

Would love any hints or tips.As this is our 1st cruise! (i hope of many more LOL)

I think if you read the reviews on cruise critic and other sites will help you out a lot.

Hubby and I are going July 6th on a 3dayer. I cant wait! Pics that were linked are awesome. I would love to see more you really get a true sence of being there through them!

Would love any hints or tips.As this is our 1st cruise! (i hope of many more LOL)

Archived