Sensation Cruisers

I would guess they are overwhelmed with phone calls thanks to the CC boards. If an official announcement is coming on Monday, they are no doubt trying to hold off giving answers until then. Not sure when and if Sensation and Fantasy were scheduled to be in PC at the same time, because I guess that is when they would make the switch. Have a feeling someone may lose out OR gain a day, depending on schedule.:confused:

If this is what they have decided it appears to be a good plan. Otherwise they were going to have unhappy cruisers in April, May, June, etc.

We were scheduled on the Senation for November, but now it is Fantasy. I'm surprised they are switching ships this far in advance.

I'm really hoping that is a mistake!!! The Sensation is going to be in New Orleans, so I'm not sure why they would make this change. We are really waiting for the Sensation to go back to NOLA!!!!

I'm really hoping that is a mistake!!! The Sensation is going to be in New Orleans, so I'm not sure why they would make this change. We are really waiting for the Sensation to go back to NOLA!!!!

Chris, maybe to accomplish this they had to change ALL Sensation bookings to Fantasy for the time being. Looks like they can make the switch on Thursday when both will be in PC. John and I are thrilled because we were really looking forward to Grand Turk. So instead of a Sensational cruise I guess we'll have to have a FANTAS-tic cruise!

:D

Chris, maybe to accomplish this they had to change ALL Sensation bookings to Fantasy for the time being. Looks like they can make the switch on Thursday when both will be in PC. John and I are thrilled because we were really looking forward to Grand Turk. So instead of a Sensational cruise I guess we'll have to have a FANTAS-tic cruise!

:D

Well, I just checked the site, and all PC cruises are gone from the Sensation's itin, all that is left are the NOLA cruises... so I think we are safe!!!!

I'm sure you guys will have a great cruise Mary! Just talked to Randy and Bren, they are already loving the Liberty! I wish I was there :(

One of the nurses I work with is doing the Liberty September 4th....it's the Mediterranean cruise and she's so excited. That wouldn't be for me, but I would love to do Southern Caribbean.....so maybe we'll book the Legend group.

One of the nurses I work with is doing the Liberty September 4th....it's the Mediterranean cruise and she's so excited. That wouldn't be for me, but I would love to do Southern Caribbean.....so maybe we'll book the Legend group.

That would be great! We are also looking at Southern or Eastern for S&S 3! We might even branch out! :eek: Just not sure yet!! We'll keep you posted!!

I have gathered from other threads that Sensation is taking Fantasy itenerary and visa versa. The Fantasy outings are shorter and will be easy for her to do. Now am trying to findout about the Fantasy but am happy to have been made aware of the change on here so I could stop stressing so much. We start driving to PC on Monday. First changed cruise is ours on Thursday so we are very excited.

We were booked on Sensation for June 19th. When I logged in to check it today, they have us switched to the Fantasy with the 5-day itin, including Grand Turk. Our TA verified this switch with Carnival.

Thanks to CruiseHealing for bringing this to our attention.

Bob

MIne has been changed to Fantasy also. It says 5-day cruise but the IT gives 6 days (like before). Will it still be 6 days? Is the Fantasy ship better? Will I need to call "Just Because" and change my delivery? Question, questions.....:) Thanks guys, I would have never known if I didn't read this board.

I just got off the phone with Carnival. They advised that they have switched the ships due to the propulsion problem. They said the Fantasy has the power to make the route that the Sensation was having problems with. They advised that the itinerary's will stay the same, they will not change at all. Also advised that anyone who had previously filled out their "funpass" online will not need to do it again, even though the Carnival website prompts you to do so. They said they're still updating records, and the website, so things are a little behind at this time. Also said if shore excursions were booked, they're still booked.

I know I'm happy because we're sailing this Thursday. I'm guessing the people who were booked on the Fantasy, and now have the Sensation, aren't going to be too impressed.

Yea - sounds like great news for all those previously booked on the Sensation - but for those who booked the Fantasy - OUCH

Why? The limited cruising speed on the Sensation will not affect these passengers as Carnival was changing the GT stop to the Bahamas anyway. As far as the other issues they have been addressed. I was told by Carnival that the only thing not operational on the Sensation is the kids play room. Carnival is still running Camp Carnival just not in the kids play room.

OK. I couldn't get on the Carnival website earlier today and not that I didn't believe you all, but I just needed to see the switch on MY reservation. Yes, indeedy do, I'm on the Fantasy for the 4/15 sailing. At first I thought, "But that's the first Fantasy class ship...is it really old looking?" But then I saw all the renovations that have been done to her and, frankly, how much worse could it have been than what we've been hearing about the Sensation.

I do wonder what's going to happen to all those people who were scheduled on the Fantasy. Are they in fact going on the Sensation? or is the Sensation going into dry dock? I just hope if they do cruise that they have a good trip!

Looks like the Promenade deck on the Fantasy is designed somewhat differently than on the other Fantasy class ships. Does anyone know what's in the area that is usually used for Camp Carnival?

Anyway, I'm excited to hear about the switch. I'll be glad when Carnival makes the "official" announcement.

Cindy

The stevedors outta have a hayday with this one....lol. We had people on our Victory cruise last week who had luggage go on the Valor just by the ships being berthed next to each other. I can just imagine what it will be like with all the luggage tags being swithed!!:p

Archived