Jolly Pirates Or Renaissance Island???

etravel

Hello, Will Be In Aruba On Aos And Trying To Decide Which To Do? Jolly Pirates Or Ren. Island? Have 2 Kids (11 And 12) And 5 Adults Looking For A Fun Day! Would Do The A.m. Jolly Pirate If We Go With That Choice. Any Opinions?? Thanks.:)

Can only tell you about Jolly Pirates, but it was great. Just returned from last week.

You go to 3 spots to snorkle, the last being over a 300 ft sunken freighter which is in about 65 feet of water to about 3 feet of water very awesome. Water very clear.

We were on the newer of the 2 boats in the "pirate" fleet. The boat is all wood, about 1 year old and cost $400K. Was very nice. Aft is covered. They raised all of the sails, but is also engine driven.

Open bar from when you board until you get off, but this is not a booze cruise. There were about 15-20 kids on our tour, they all had a good time, especially when swing off the rope swing and dropping to the water. Yours truly at 52 even tried it.

Lunch is also served, chicken kabobs, salad, melon, was very good.

You have to prepay if you book over internet, but you also get a discount. Internet customers were checked in first.

There is a very nice beach where you meet, so if you want beach time it is there as well. You meet at the beach near the Holiday Inn which was very nice.

Can only tell you about Jolly Pirates, but it was great. Just returned from last week.

You go to 3 spots to snorkle, the last being over a 300 ft sunken freighter which is in about 65 feet of water to about 3 feet of water very awesome. Water very clear.

We were on the newer of the 2 boats in the "pirate" fleet. The boat is all wood, about 1 year old and cost $400K. Was very nice. Aft is covered. They raised all of the sails, but is also engine driven.

Open bar from when you board until you get off, but this is not a booze cruise. There were about 15-20 kids on our tour, they all had a good time, especially when swing off the rope swing and dropping to the water. Yours truly at 52 even tried it.

Lunch is also served, chicken kabobs, salad, melon, was very good.

You have to prepay if you book over internet, but you also get a discount. Internet customers were checked in first.

There is a very nice beach where you meet, so if you want beach time it is there as well. You meet at the beach near the Holiday Inn which was very nice.

Thanks for the info! I booked this on-line this past Friday and received my confirmation yesterday afternoon. Looks like it's going to be a blast!

Did you spend some time at MooMba beach afterwards or go in the beach bar?

Magnum -- I think we were on the same excursion. Were you on the morning tour on April 4th? If so, I'm the mom who tried the rope swing and totally crashed into the water. I lost my grip immediately, and lost two fingernails on the way down. That was a great day. :)

• 1 month later...

Is that a public beach? Do you have to pay to use the beach? Are you able to bring a backpack or some type of bag on the Jolly Pirates excursion so that you would have towels, sunscreen, etc., to use at the beach afterwards?

Moomba beach is a public beach. You can take bags, etc. with you on the Jolly Pirate trip so you have your sunscreen and anything else you might need (like your camera) with you on the trip. We had our own snorkel gear and there were no problems with us bring that on board along with our other gear. You will have a great time.

Archived