Worried about missing the ship.

I think this is what we will do. We will have to move our ghost walk to Fri, then we can stay in Coca Beach. This is close, right?

Thank You all for your advice. I will NOT miss the boat.:D

Oh, almost forgot. Any hotel suggestions?

Thanks again,

Joni

if you leave at 8am, you will have no problem getting from st augustine to pt canaveral by the time the ship sails. dont base your decision on one person's bad experience.

Any type of car problem and you miss the ship. But, don't worry, GMoney will take care of your refund.

Any type of car problem and you miss the ship. But, don't worry, GMoney will take care of your refund.

And the sky could fall so you better leave a week early, but don't worry, Giorgi will foot the hotel bill...

We haven't flown in a day early except for our S. Carib. out of San Juan. We had delays that day that could've been disastrous, but no problem since we were early, plus we had all our luggage and it wasn't snowing. :)

We had flight delays the first time we cruised and got to Miami at 2:00 PM instead of 10:30 AM. Our luggage was still in the air, on the plane we were supposed to take, but wouldn't board any more pax when we got to Charlotte at take-off time. We found out later that that plane had a flat tire and sat on the runway for 2-3 hrs.

The airline flew us to Ft. Laud and vanned us to Miami. We caught the last shuttle (3:00) to the ship and hoped for the best concerning our luggage. It arrived the next day in Nassau. Good thing we didn't wait for it and thank heaven it wasn't a sea day.

Keep in mind that even if you've booked the shuttle, you might not make it. Whether RCI would give you a special ride if you didn't book the flight with them is another question.

With the other two Carib cruises we flew in the day of and had no problems. Last year it was really nice to have a direct flight to Houston, take an early shuttle to Galveston and get on the ship for lunch.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

Hi Carol - I moved to JAX about 2 weeks ago for work. I miss Philly, but it's warmer here, and maybe I will get some FLA resident cruise specials! :D
AAWWWWWWWWWW....We never got to meet!! I miss you already! :) Is this a permanent move? I assume that your SO moved with you? How about Mom? Did you leave her up here? By the way, it's GORGEOUS in Philadelphia today.............72 degrees, sunny, light breeze..............:D

Archived