Super Shuttle from San Pedro to LAX?

margu1241

I am hoping that someone here can help me with a Super Shuttle question - I am trying to reserve a shuttle and on the website and over the phone, they are telling me that I need to commit to a 15 minute window of time. I have cruised before and realize that this will be impossible. Has anyone done this, by just picking a time and then getting on a shuttle whenever they get off?

Thanks,

Patty

I am hoping that someone here can help me with a Super Shuttle question - I am trying to reserve a shuttle and on the website and over the phone, they are telling me that I need to commit to a 15 minute window of time. I have cruised before and realize that this will be impossible. Has anyone done this, by just picking a time and then getting on a shuttle whenever they get off?

Thanks,

Patty

Don't sweat it. Pick an estimated time and get a reservation #. When you disembark the ship, turn to the left and go to the island. The Super Shuttle rep will be there and will have your reservation # and name on a list. I just got off the Island Princess a week ago and those with flights before Noon were scheduled to get off at about 8:15AM. Those with flights after Noon were scheduled to get off at about 9:30AM. I had a Red 2 tag (for the before Noon flight) and they didn't call my color until close to 9AM. It wasn't a problem -- I just walked out to Super Shuttle and they called over the van(s) as more people came out.

We booked a time of 950am, and when the 8 of us got out to the shuttle stand at 900am, they put us in the next van and off we went. When I talked to their phone agent and she asked to pick a time, I said I didn't know when we would make it off the ship. So she asked what our flight time was. I told her 1230pm, so she suggested a suitable time that would get us to LAX 2 hours ahead of flight time. Allowing for 40 minutes drive time (reality was 20), she suggested 950.

What's wrong with just using the Princess transfer buses?
Nothing wrong with using the Princess transfer buses. :) I've used them every other time I've disembarked in San Pedro. This time, I decided to try Super Shuttle and it was definitely not as efficient as my previous experiences with the Princess transfer bus. Also, I was surprised that it costs $17 from LAX to San Pedro but the cost is $27 from San Pedro to LAX on Super Shuttle. Next time, I'll use the Princess transfer.

I think we got to LAX at least by 10 to 10:30 am via the Princess coach as I remember. We passed through the ship terminal very quickly and proceeded straight to the Princess bus. The bus loaded up fast and off we went. I remember one lonely guy standing out on the curb looking for a cab but there were no cabs passing by.

We were off the ship a good hour or more sooner than my appointment with Super Shuttle. It didn't matter. We simply found the Super Shuttle pickup location and we were on the next van to LAX. No problems.

May I assume that if you use the Princess shuttle, that your luggage would be taken to your cabin for you, whereas if you use Super Shuttle or a cab, that you would be responsible for schlepping your own luggage?

Or do I have it all wrong?

T

Have cruised 13 times, I NEVER take the ship bus, you are treated like cattle and kids. I have taken SS before but found the best way + CHEAPEST way is to share a CAB. If there are four then use a cab, u are free, it is cheap and u do as you please. Even if is 6 folks, go 3/3.

To LAX a CAB is great.

Thanks,

Patty

I called supershuttle and reserving is the way to go. You get a confirmation # . Our disembarkation was late for some reason. I used my cell phone to call supershuttles dispatch center(get the local dispatch center's number when you reserve). You get a cheaper rate when you reserve the whole van. It was about a year and 1/2 in think. It was going to cost us $60 at that time for the van(we had 4 of us) and on the way over to the shuttle island, we were asking if there were only 2 people that was going to the airport. We found 2 and when I told them it would be $10 p.p. the husband shoved the money at me and said they would go with us. (Would have been $15 with 4). We just told them we reserved a van and were given the next one. With our debarkation being late, dispatch was on the radio calling for shuttles to pick up the embarking passengers at the airport. You can prepay but we did not. I paid the driver as soon as we got in. He said we didn't have to pay until we got dropped off, but I told him it would be quicker and he could get rid of us and get another fare right away.

May I assume that if you use the Princess shuttle, that your luggage would be taken to your cabin for you, whereas if you use Super Shuttle or a cab, that you would be responsible for schlepping your own luggage?

Or do I have it all wrong?

T

I'm not sure what you have to do with your luggage if you take the Princess bus to the pier, but when we took the Supershuttle, the driver unloaded it onto the curb, and the porter took it from there. We didn't schlep anything. Or touch it for that matter. Basically the same thing when we left the ship. We found our luggage in the terminal, and the porter picked it up and wheeled it to the Supershuttle stand. Then the driver loaded it and unloaded it at the airport. At the airport, the curbside check-in agent loaded the luggage on a cart and took it inside.

So, really we didn't touch our luggage a whole lot, but we were with it.

Archived