Miami Hotel

cruiz30

I haven't seen anything with free shuttle service to the port, but we are staying at the Doubletree which is a very close cab ride to the port. Many stay at the Holiday Inn which is even closer to the port. There is also the Marriott right next to the Doubletree. All are good choices.

Amerisuites near the airport has free shuttle that will pick you up at the airport. Have seen good reviews and is fiarly inexpensive (priceline for $75) Still need cab to the ship.

Hope This Helps.

The Embassy Suites at the airport has shuttle service to the airport and to the cruise port as well as breakfast. Usually runs around $150. If you want to be close to the port you will pay for the cab ride and for breakfast. The Holiday Inn Marina Park is directly across from the Bayside Market and you can see the ships at the cruise port. It runs in the low $90's to $140 per night.

RC has an agreement with the Grand Bay in Coconut Grove for $98, which is in the back of their brochures. Nice hotel but I don't know if the hotel shuttles to the port. Port should be about a fifteen to twenty minute cab drive.

Brian

We have stayed at the Intercontenital downtown. It is right across from the pier. We have stayed twice at a price or $100 to $125. Very nice!! Walking distance to Bayside Market.

We are going on the NOS, June 10th -17th. I booked the Hyatt Regency(a 4-star hotel) on price line for $110.00 per night. We are srriving on Friday afternoon and they said that there is free shuttle service(people mover) to Bayside Market from there. Hope this helps.

Jeff

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East on NW LeJeune Road. It used to be Baymont Suites, but recently changed hands. They had some hurricane damage, so many rooms are totally redone. Offers free airport shuttle and shuttle to the port. Full hot breakfast included. It's not in a tourist area, not much to do, but it's clean and not too expensive. Fine for an overnight before a cruise. I paid $116 AAA rate for a King.

kitty

Jbyrd72, we are also staying at the Hyatt Regency on May 6th before our cruise on the Explorer May 7th. I thought I got a good deal for a 4 star hotel but, you got a better one :D. I didn't know they had free shuttle service at the Bayside Market. Thanks for the info. First time staying at the Hyatt. Have a great cruise.

jbyrd72

I have been on that "People Mover". It's a wonderful form of mass transit in Miami. Howver, the station for the Bayside area borders on a not so nice neighborhood, especially after dark. Go there in the day time, you'll be fine. Just be cautious and street smart. After dark, take a cab.

We are going on the NOS, June 10th -17th. I booked the Hyatt Regency(a 4-star hotel) on price line for $110.00 per night. We are srriving on Friday afternoon and they said that there is free shuttle service(people mover) to Bayside Market from there. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Be careful with this...the peoplemover drops you off like 3 blocks from bayside which is on the other side of the bridge going into the port,so it might not be a good idea when you will be walking with your luggage

Be careful with this...the peoplemover drops you off like 3 blocks from bayside which is on the other side of the bridge going into the port,so it might not be a good idea when you will be walking with your luggage

Thanks for telling me this.. I thought once you got at the hotel then if you want to go to Bayside Market they would take you there..we had planned on taking a cab in the first place but, I didn't know they offered this shuttle. So, I guess it would be better for us just to take a cab anyway.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. There was no free shuttle, however a cab ride to the port was $8-$10 for 2 people and a cab to the airport was between $20-$25 for two.

If you board the ship early you could have a late breakfast onboard.

We also stayed at the HI Port of Miami. Awoke in the a.m. to see our ship docked in the port. Just across the street from Bayside, where we had a great evening the night before. In the a.m., after a quick breakfast in the HI, we walked to Walgreen's and Ross for a few last minute items. Grabbed a cab from the hotel and were among the first to board. We'll certainly stay there again!

:( I've heard lots of good things about the Holiday Inn downtown. Sounds like the perfect location. I guess it does book up fast though. It's booked for the weekend I'm cruising in January 07! That's pretty far in advance. I was disappointed we couldn't get a room here. Oh well.

kitty

Are you going the same weekend as Superbowl? That could explain it.

We are leaving the 27th and coming home on Superbowl weekend. I guess that may be why it's booked, but that's it's about 9 days before the big game.

kitty

Archived