A topic all about Oahu shuttles!! Finally!!

spleen93

Suebee's original post on Oahu shuttles apparently did not survive the migration to the new board. I've tried searching for it and looking manually through the board and it's not to be found.

I've copied this information from the old board before it goes bye-bye. All credit goes to Suebee for compiling this list. Any mistakes are probably mine in my cutting and pasting. Having said that, here goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone icon_smile.gif

After reading all of the questions about shuttles to/from the airport, Memorials, shopping, swap meet etc. etc. etc. icon_rolleyes.gif, I thought I would consolidate the effort into an easy, referenceable post! A word of caution: This list in not all inclusive, and phone numbers and other information is subject to change. ALSO and most importantly!!! I really know nothing of these companies. I took a local book called "This Week Oahu" which is available from every hotel to the public and just copied the information from this book. I listed prices as they were written. In some places the company names weren't even on the coupons so buyer beware.

I just wanted to show the options and prices as alternatives for renting cars, taking taxies or tours. Enough people have said "we are staying in Waikiki and don't want to rent a car, but do we have to take a taxi to...."

Please add any changes if you find them down the road!

OK, First the Airport:

V.I.P. Trans offers a shuttle from Waikiki to the Airport for $6.00 one way. 839-0911 24 hours/day

J&T Island Transport offers a $5 o/w transfer 685-8800

TownCar service 429-4710 24 hrs/day for 23.95 flat rate.

Reliable Shuttle $6 o/w or $11 r/t 924-9292

Tahiti Trans and tours $5 o/w 455-7300

Stretch Limo Service: I Do Cab 732-6441 $22 per limo

Royal Pacific Limo $24 per limo 223-7822

Aloha Swap Meet: Operates Sun, Wed, Sat from 6am to 3pm except on game days. V.I.P. Trans offers a shuttle from Waikiki to the Swap Meet for $4.00 one way. 839-0911

Reliable Shuttle $8 r/t 924-9292

Arizona: Operates every day 7:30-5pm. Mighty Mo the same and Bowfin is 8-5. Everyone suggests getting to the site 30 minutes before it opens.

Take the above V.I.P. shuttle or:

Discover Hidden Hawaii Tours, www.discoverhawaiitours.com, 5 shuttles a day at $14.99 with return.

Reliable Shuttle $8 r/t 924-9292

Tabi Trans $7 r/t 216-8006

Shopping: Shuttles available to Hilo Hatties from Waikiki hotels for FREE. www.hilohatties.com

Ala Moana Shopping center has a shuttle for $2 one way to/from waikiki.

www.alamoana.com

Waikele Shopping: Reliable Shuttle $11.95 r/t 924-9292 Tabi Trans $10r/t 216-8006

Cruise Ships Shuttle:

ABL 737-4445 (no price but they do almost any major place including airport, Pearl Harbor, and Dole Plantation

Hanauma Bay :

282-4273 or 542-0100 $14.95 1-4 people. The coupon has no company name.

Luaus:

Paradise Cove http://www.hawaiianluau.org/ and Polynesian Cultural Center http://www.hawaiianluau.org/ both offer shuttles as part of a package. Contact the individual companies. The third of the big 3: Germaines http://www.germainesluau.com/ doesn't say on their site if they have transport. There is a phone number to call though.

Of course, there is The Bus (the book has 2 pages of how to get somewhere on the bus. I don't plan on copying it!), Taxi Cabs, Individual Tour operators and rental cars. Some companies offer Lei/Shuttle services from the airport. I hope this gives an idea of prices and options so you can plan your trip accordingly. I myself just rent cars, but many just want to stay in Waikiki with maybe a trip out to the Arizona memorial or swap meet. This is help for those. icon_wink.gif

Aloha! icon_cool.gif

Thanks for Salvaging this Spleen...I thought this was one that can be used for referrals a lot.

By the way, I have 163 posts now? AAGGGH!

This one needed to be saved, after all the work that you put into it. Plus, it's a great reference. :)

Spleen

PS: And I feel your pain about the loss of posts ... :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dan, thanks for adding that. It wasnt on my list but the list I had was made using a tourist magazine. I didnt go to any lengths of researching any more companies than were in that periodical. Of course, living here, we dont have much experience using them either!

• 2 years later...

This is a great list of shuttles for Oahu! I wonder if there is anything like this for Maui?

We have to get from the ship (Pride of Am) to Lahina for a ferry over to Lanai to visit some friends and stay over night there. Would like to find an economical way to get over to Lahina one day and back to the ship the next.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Susan

I took this information right out of a tourist guide that is handed out at the airports/hotels. I sometimes pick them up to see if there are any good coupons. :) Anyway, if there is a Maui local who is willing to do the same...or for any of the other islands, its as simple as copying out of the book. I THINK I used "101 things to do on Oahu".

Thanks SueBee and Spleen93,

Your knowledge of information has been so helpful.

I have tired search the web to find tours that would pick you up and the cruise ship port of call and only found one so far that will.

Also, read on the boards some where that some of these tour companies are those that try to sell you time share condo and take up you time doing that instead of the true tour you booked, does anyone know which ones to avoid?

Thanks,

Marcy

Hi Marcy, Check http://www.hapapapastours.com (for Maui tours), and http://www.hawaiitravelnetwork.com. I think they will pick up at the dock. Don't know about them trying to sell time shares. I agree, it is very difficult to find tour guides to do pick-ups and drop-offs at the docks. Keep me posted and I'll do the same for you. What ship and when are you travelling to Hawaii? Thanks, Lois

Thanks Irn376,

We are going May 20, 2007 on NCL Pride of Aloha. I read good and bad reviews so, Hey were going to HAWAII and sleeping and eating on the ship so whatever will be will be.

Thanks for the links I have bookmarked them and will study them this week end.

Thanks so much

Marcy:)

Archived