Live: Fantasy 4/15

I would imagine they will be in Grand Turk tomorrow (Monday) and then Half Moon Cay on Teusday and then Nassau on Wednesday. I mean, that's the itenerary. ;)

When you get a chance to check this thread again, tropic of cancer, I am curious to know how Grand Turks looks. I've never been there and I am wondering how the port is set up. Does the ship actually dock or does it use a tender to get passengers to shore?

Undrhil

Docked at new cruise terminal. Spent all time in water(SNUBA, and Ultimate Snorkeling-both of which I recommend):). Met the owners of Oasis Divers, and they provided excellent service. Just wish we had more time there. Time for Supper and.....................:D P.S. Weather is great. Having fun.

Sooo glad you had a good day, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we have good weather!! As I said before, enjoy! And, any info on the Fantasy is appreciated! How is the Sushi Bar?

We just got back off the Fantasy (4-10) and everyone that we talked to loved the sushi. Personally, I don't eat it. There was a long line each night so that must mean it was good!

Sushi is good on the Fantasy. Missed Half Moon Cay today(Westerly winds 20-25 knots). 25$ pp on sign/sail. Beautiful day though. Should be in Nassau in a.m.

So, you missed Half Moon Cay because of the winds? Or did you mean that you, personally, did not partake of Half Moon Cay? :)

Undrhil

So, you missed Half Moon Cay because of the winds? Or did you mean that you, personally, did not partake of Half Moon Cay? :)

Undrhil

I would imagine because of high winds it was unsafe to tender.

This happened to us on the Pride a couple years ago. We stopped and then started up again. There was an announcement that it was not safe to tender and we would go to San Juan instead.

Bill

I would imagine because of high winds it was unsafe to tender.

This happened to us on the Pride a couple years ago. We stopped and then started up again. There was an announcement that it was not safe to tender and we would go to San Juan instead.

Bill

Interesting. I hope that we don't have that problem in May ... I'm looking forward to both Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay. :)

Undrhil

We'll be leaving Monday and really hope we don't miss HMC. Grand Turk has a pier so won't have to tender. We've visited 5 or 6 private islands over the years and never missed one. We did miss Grand Cayman one year, but that's about the only one, so we've been lucky. Hope our luck holds for next week!

Undrhil

They missed HMC b/c it was unsafe to tender. That also happened on one of the most recent Fantasy Cruises. I read it in a review that everyone received a $25 credit on the S&S and they just had a fun day at sea.

Tropic, thanks so much for your updates! We also leave on Monday, and after such an eventful few weeks leading up to the cruise, I just can't wait to get underway! It is very encouraging to hear from someone so upbeat :)

Jane, we haven't missed a port in 12 years, so hopefully our luck will hold! I am looking forward to HMC (one of my goals in life is to visit all the Cruiseline Private Islands) but if not this trip, then we'll just have to book another cruise with HMC on the intinerary :D

Archived