Summit Aft CC Cabin Choice

tapia

I'm going Southbound in Alaska.

What would your dream cabin be?

Which do you think is the BEST CC aft cabin? I hear the 9th floor is noisy, so what would you pick given the choice between all the CCs on the 7th and 8th floors??

Can I ask why?

@Karynanne: Why'd you pick that one?

We choose that cabin for a variety of reasons:

We knew we'd feel a little more movement being aft, so our logic was being on a deck that was basically right in the middle made sense to us.

Also, close proximity to the Diningroom...2 decks down, or just 3 decks up for the buffet and pool deck.

But if you have to choose between Deck 7 or 8, it really doesn't matter...all the aft cabins are just great.

Karyn

Hi,

For a southbound sailing, the choice for us is clear:

Stateroom 8181.

CM

Is that one "classified" as a "FAMILY VIEW" - category 3 ?? - Would you pick it over a suite ?? - We ABSOLUTELY LOVE aft mini-suites w/balconies - really like the AFT Mini-suites on the Dawn Princess and the Sun Princess - thinking of sailing Summit - southbound Alaska also - and wondered about those rooms - can you compare ??

THANKS !!

8166 starboard is equally as nice as 8181 but perhaps not quite as good for viewing on southbound from Alaska

8166 & 8181 are 'family view' cabins and a lot more expensive than the CCs.

The only thing is that I want 2 cabins together. It looks like that one of the aft cabins on each deck is handicapt.

8176 looks to be handicapt here. (You'd think the they wouldn't put them so far back (more walking), right?

We were just in 8176 on Infinity and it is definitely a HC cabin as are 7212 and 9164. There's not much more walking involved unless you're going all the way forward. The balcony alone was worth the walk and both the dining room and buffet are near the aft elevators. We noticed a bit more rocking in rougher waters but we would book this one again in a heartbeat even though DH has mobility problems.

We were just in 8176 on Infinity and it is definitely a HC cabin as are 7212 and 9164. There's not much more walking involved unless you're going all the way forward. The balcony alone was worth the walk and both the dining room and buffet are near the aft elevators. We noticed a bit more rocking in rougher waters but we would book this one again in a heartbeat even though DH has mobility problems.

I just don't want to take away a handicapt room from someone who would need it. So, I'm going to take the two CC rooms to the right. Think one is better over the other?

We've stayed in 9156 and didn't have any problem with the small amount of noise from above. We're booked in 8181 this summer because it's a more centrally located deck. As if you didn't know, the rear FV cabins are the best on the ship (barring the Royal or Penthouse.) The corner FV's are priceless.

Does anyone know how much more expensive the rear FV cabins are than the CC class cabins???

@cruisinfromcanada: I completely understand that certain people NEED this. I don't, so why take it?

@Squirtreena: Aft cabins are at the VERY back of the ship. Most of these cabins are balconies or at least ocean view. So, I'd say they're better than interior. Many say they are the best locations on the ship.

So are aft cabins bigger?? why is the location better at the back?? dont you get more movement in your room at the back or front of the ship??

The Aft cabins are 191 sq. ft. but with the extremely large balcony, there is a feeling of spaciousness. You do feel some motion, but I feel the biggest plus is when using the balcony, there is no wind....so subsequently you tend to use the balcony more...

We thouroughly enjoyed our aft cabin on Connie during our Southern Caribbean sailing. We did notice a litlle swaying but it was quite relaxing. The noise factor is related to deck chair movement at the outdoor grille and was more noticeable when outside than in the cabin. We have the same cabin on Summit for our South bound Alaska in Sept. and I am sure the above deck chair noises will be less due to the cooler weather. The panoramic views are incredible and the deck size is big enough for a table mate party...and then some. In the Caribbean, one wishes for a breeze every-once-in-awhile (hot, hot, hot!) so, these cabins are not the best for this. In Alaska, the breezeless situation will probably be more appreciated. I love the afts and they are sometimes booked up really early so go for it but don't wait too long!

Does anyone know how much more expensive the rear FV cabins are than the CC class cabins???

We booked a Constellation FV for this coming New Year's cruise and my sister-in-law and her husband booked an aft CC cabin on the same deck as ours. At the time of booking (18 months before the cruise), the FV was more expensive than the CC by $310 pp for 1st/2nd passenger--about a 14% increase.

We booked a Constellation FV for this coming New Year's cruise and my sister-in-law and her husband booked an aft CC cabin on the same deck as ours. At the time of booking (18 months before the cruise), the FV was more expensive than the CC by $310 pp for 1st/2nd passenger--about a 14% increase.

Thanks for letting me know. I think that's a little too much at this point for me.

Thanks!

We've stayed in 9156 and didn't have any problem with the small amount of noise from above. We're booked in 8181 this summer because it's a more centrally located deck. As if you didn't know, the rear FV cabins are the best on the ship (barring the Royal or Penthouse.) The corner FV's are priceless.

Hi - How far in advance did you have to book, to get room 8181 for this summer ? Did you use a TA ?

THANKS !!

Archived