Radiance - 3 questions

PACrew

3 quick questions for all previous radiance cruisers:

1) are there fridges in the rooms? I was on enchantment years ago and there were...just wondering

2) i know the ship was in dry dock a few months back...does anyone know of the changes

3) how does the ship look. Does it look worn?

RCL in my opinion, keeps a clean and beautiful ship. Friends of mine were just on granduer and said it looked great and she is old.

Any help would be appreciated.

1) are there fridges in the rooms? I was on enchantment years ago and there were...just wondering

2) i know the ship was in dry dock a few months back...does anyone know of the changes

RCL in my opinion, keeps a clean and beautiful ship. Friends of mine were just on granduer and said it looked great and she is old.

Yes there are fridges in the cabins - I sailed on her in February 2005 and she looked great then, so I'm sure she looks even better now!:)

The fridges aren't really fridges-- they're coolers. My steward replaced mine with a real fridge because I had medication that needed to stay under 46 degrees (so I'm assuming the coolers don't go that cold).

If you stick with the cooler, it has sodas you can purchase -- ours had no snacks or liquor in them before he removed it... don't know if that's standard or not.

As for the condition -- I thought she was overall beautiful, a wee bit wear and tear, for instance the plexiglass on our balcony was kinda nastee.

The drydock was basic maintenance, no big changes.

Coolers were stocked - asked to get the cokes etc, out and filled with our own stuff

Overall, thought ship looked just fine in March, no big changes I noticed and cleaning crew was out in the early AM most mornings working to keep clean form events the evening before. Also crew out doing maintenance cleaning on sides and lower balconies week on board

yes, if you really go looking, will fine some wear & tear signs, but gotta being looking in my view

I was on in January and found the Radiance to be in excellent shape and that was BEFORE the dry dock. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again. In this year's Conde Nast survey she was in the top 5 cruise ships (large) for service and staff and in the top 10 cruise ships (large) overall. So, again, I wouldn't hesitate. This is an excellent ship with an excellent crew.

We were just on the Radiance last week and I was a bit disappointed with the ship even though she is a beautiful one. Chairs in the buffet were rickety and peeling, chairs at the bar by the adult had rust on them as well as did the chairs on our balcony. The beds were hard as rocks and not very comfortable (we were in a family suite) and the shower broke while my DH was taking a shower and we had water all over the floor. We also had to have maintenance in our cabin two other times for something.

For the most part the ship is very clean and they were doing extra cleaning because of a virus outbreak midway through the cruise.

The refrigerator is not a real one; it is just a cooler like an icechest. I asked for a real one as I have an icepack I needed to use and got one that didn't freeze anything much less work much better than just the cooler. And the plexiglass on the balcony was all scratched looking and hard to see through.

Planning to be on the Radiance in 07 - I've heard they will be doing something with the beds before then. I'm getting a little concerned about all the posts mentioning the beds are hard and not comfortable. I like a firm matress but don't want to feel like I'm sleeping on the floor - Any comments?

The beds are fine tyrkitty. I was on the Radiance the end of January the cruise before drydock. It only went in for regular engine maintenance - not for refurb.

Megessey is right - they are barely a cooler and do not chill up soft drinks enough. I didn't think to ask for a switch-out but it's a smart thing to do if you have meds to keep cold.

I thought the Radiance looked far better than the Granduer cruise I took in 2004. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise this ship again!

I don't know why everyone says the beds aren't comfortable. My husband and I love the beds-we think they are very comfortable! And, we are used to sleeping on a pillow top mattress at home. Unless we just got lucky and got different bedding on every single one of our 5 Royal Caribbean cruises-the beds are great! Just our opinion, of course.

We were on the Radiance in Feb right after the refurbushing and she did get all new carpet (it smelled) but looked great. The inside of the cabins had scratches and the bath shower was old...Beautiful ship but I prefer the Voyager class ships - better flow and more space around the pools and on the decks. Have fun!

Just got off Radiance. Beds were fine. Have them remove what is in the fridge when you get onboard, understand that there is a sensor and you will be charged if you try and move it yourself. What would you need to keep cold unless you have meds? Can get food/drink anytime, they deliver ice to your room a few times a day. Any other questions let me know. Ship was great!

Ju Have them remove what is in the fridge when you get onboard, understand that there is a sensor and you will be charged if you try and move it yourself.

I have never heard of this and always take out the drinks myself. I just tell the cabin steward I don't want them and he either takes them out of the room, or sometimes I stick them up on a high shelf in the vanity. I cruise on RCCL a few times a year and honestly never heard of a sensor before.

Archived