Theme Nights

Rallo

Just wondering if anyone who has been on Pacific Star Week Fantastique - 7 night cruise could let me know what theme nights they had. I'm assuming every cruise has an Island Night and a Formal Night but what else can I expect on the seven night cruise? :confused:

Just wondering if anyone who has been on Pacific Star Week Fantastique - 7 night cruise could let me know what theme nights they had. I'm assuming every cruise has an Island Night and a Formal Night but what else can I expect on the seven night cruise? :confused:

They don't seem to be very big on the theme nights on Pacific Star. The only ones that really got made anything out of were the Formal nights (2 of them), the PJ night and the Island night. The Rock & Roll and Country and Western nights on our cruise just slipped by - and the 5 other nights out of 12 there wasn't a theme.

Rallo - just back from Pacific Star on Sat 22/4 - the theme nights were as follows:

2 Formal Nights (2nd night and 2nd last night)

PJ Party

Island Night - this is the night after being in Vila, Vanuatu where you can buy grass skirts, leis, tropical shirts etc at the Wharf.

All in all the evening attire in the dining rooms is fairly casual.

On formal nights there is a bit of glitz and glamour spread amongst the crowd but do not be too concerned with the suit jacket even, just a nice long sleeve shirt is suitable. You will find on the formal nights that photographers are set up on Deck 7 and 8 with 4 different backgrounds for photos available. They take portraits of yourself and partner (if applicable?) and these are available for purchase - they did turn out quite well but are quite pricey I thought at $24.95 each!!!

Any questions feel free to ask

Thanks a lot Hookedup. Did you know what theme nights you were having before you left? Or did you just prepare for Formal & Island? Did anyone get into the PJ night much? Did you enjoy your cruise and are you planning on posting a review? Would love to read it if you do.:)

Hi Rallo,

We did 11 nights on the Pacific Sun, returning on 13/4. Our theme nights were much the same, two formal ones, and my hubby wore black trousers and a short sleeve white shirt. Island night was also the night we left Vila, grass or raffia skirts, sarongs were all the go, but I had bought leis from Australian Cheap Shop and taken them with me, and I'm glad I did as I thought the local leis at $5 were a little expensive.

We had PJ night, but not a lot participates, mainly the teenagers and disco goers. There were a few more into Country & Western mainly because there was line dancing, and there was also a Dress up night, but mainly the youngsters wore their superhero capes etc.

Other than formal and Island night, I was a bit dissappointed in the theme nights, but if people don't want to dress up nothing you can do about it, also may be on the cruises in the holidays more take part.

Val

Archived