Freedom of the Seas Interior Photos

on freedom of the seas aboard deck 14 there is "the diamond club". does anybody knwo what this is. public or private? what is it for? what goes on here?

This is supposed to be the private Crown & Anchor club. Very nice view from it. This picture show the room:

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/freedom_cimg2020.jpg

Did you see one of the productions shows? What sort of music did they use?

We saw both the ice show and the production show in the theatre. Both have been quite magnificent. The ice rink show was called FREEDOM-ICE.COM, but that theme is really just a brief connection video between several single themes that show things such as workers, pirates, 70's, techno-business-men, asian karate and, surprisingly, a magician with a "hundred-times-change-clothes"-thing dancing on the ice. The energy is very good, positive and the ice dancers are really strong. We were sitting in the front row and they were always looking for eye contact and tried to integrate the audience. Sometimes the flying iron sticks came really close by our heads. The total show is something like 45 minutes.

The production show has a classical 42nd street theme and they were incorporating a couple of musicals in it. Very good singing & dancing. Music here is somewhat live by an orchestra that sits in front of the stage and gets lowered and raised from the pit to the viewing field. I guess they augment the live music with the occasional recorded score. In between themes they were showing video clips from the making of the show.

This has been the very first time these shows have been presented to an real audience. And they have been very good. I have uploaded some pictures from the shows today (of course not using flash photography.). Check them out.

Don't know if you saw my other reply but I am in cabin 7648 and was wondering which pics were from your balcony room?

I need to look through my pics to see if I can find it. Brief description:

• Fairly large bathroom with the round shower (and round sliding doors). The floor of the shower and some applications next to the sink have nicely been made out of small tiles (mosaic style).
  • Big mirror at the sitting area with lights and a table. Some drawer space at this sitting arrangement. Here are the only 3 power sockets in the main cabin (2: american configuration and 1: german configuration) This area also has the minibar and a LCD TV that sits on a movable arm and can be extended and tilted so you can view better from the bed.
  • Opposite the sitting area is a small sofa and a glass table.
  • Then the big bed. Quite comfortable. I like the bedding because it was much thicker than usual. Being European, I do not like the very very thin american style made bed. This seemed to me a good compromise. I had a very good sleep (maybe also because we were dancing till late).
  • The bed has some small tables next to it and reading lights on both ends.
  • The balcony had two seats, no table.

All in all a very nice, friendly and warm cabin.

Hope this helps ;)

I need to look through my pics to see if I can find it. Brief description:

• Fairly large bathroom with the round shower (and round sliding doors). The floor of the shower and some applications next to the sink have nicely been made out of small tiles (mosaic style).
  • Big mirror at the sitting area with lights and a table. Some drawer space at this sitting arrangement. Here are the only 3 power sockets in the main cabin (2: american configuration and 1: german configuration) This area also has the minibar and a LCD TV that sits on a movable arm and can be extended and tilted so you can view better from the bed.
  • Opposite the sitting area is a small sofa and a glass table.
  • Then the big bed. Quite comfortable. I like the bedding because it was much thicker than usual. Being European, I do not like the very very thin american style made bed. This seemed to me a good compromise. I had a very good sleep (maybe also because we were dancing till late).
  • The bed has some small tables next to it and reading lights on both ends.
  • The balcony had two seats, no table.

All in all a very nice, friendly and warm cabin.

Hope this helps ;)

Thank You for reply. LMK if you find the pics

Thanks for the pictures of Freedom. We're booked for December 3. Just returned from Pride of Aloha. Not trying to discourage you but looking at your past cruises, the quality of service on this ship is lacking. We sent 4 days in Waikiki before sailing, hotel and flight (to S.C. - Delta) all booked by NCL. I will be doing a review but till then if you have any questions, email me at rthompson@chs-airport.com direct. Pride was my 13 cruise, 3rd on NCl and our first NCL was the Sky which is now the Pride of Aloha.

This is supposed to be the private Crown & Anchor club. Very nice view from it. This picture show the room:

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/freedom_cimg2020.jpg

i'm a criown and anchor member....small one--after first cruise..but i still have a card and stuff. does this allow me access to thei place and what can i do in here?

Jade is an asian styled part of the Windjammer Buffet. They had asian food items for our lunch but no sushi, maybe in the evening.

They did have sushi on Brilliance, but it wasn't very good. Most of the time, it's only filled with vegetables and if there is some fish in it, it is only smoked or cooked. Also the rice is not the right kind.

Marc

Archived