Freedom of the Seas Interior Photos

I had heard that all cabins on the Freedom would be the largest RCl cabins. Is this not true?

According to the website, no it is not true. They are actually a bit smaller than Voyager class. Some are a little larger, but most smaller. They have the lagest cabin in its fleet...the Presidential Suite. Maybe that is what they meant. They do, however, have the largest balconies. The balconies are all about twice the size of the Voyager class.

I had heard that all cabins on the Freedom would be the largest RCl cabins. Is this not true?

This is absolutely true and I have read the same thing! In fact I'm certain it's from an RCI press release long ago maybe when FREEDOM was first ordered. It stated standard cabins would in fact be not only the largest in the RCI fleet, but the largest in the industry (when compared to other mass-market ships).

To be honest, I don't think even RCI really knows the true size of the cabins. All the material RCI has published on FREEDOM lists conflicting information. I'm not sure how the cabin can truly be larger as FREEDOM is the exact same width as MARINER/NAVIGATOR and this is where the extra size would come from. I also don't think the cabins are any smaller as again the ships are the same width and there would be no reason to make them smaller.

Here is the information I have come across thus far from two sources. One is the 2006-2007 travel agent guide published by Royal Caribbean, and the other is CruiseMatch 2000, RCI's own real time reservation system which lists cabin dimensions. Interestingly enough, the figures are quite different even though both sources are Royal Caribbean.

The first dimension I'll list is from the travel agent guide, and the second from CruiseMatch 2000.

Category D1 - 189 sq ft or 202 sq ft

Category E1 - 177 sq ft or 173 sq ft

Category I - 161 sq ft or 180 sq ft

Category PR - 149 sq ft or 167 sq ft

Category L - 152 sq ft or 160 sq ft

Now you choose which figures you would like to believe! ;) Personally I'm guessing the second figure is more accurate as they are in a real-time reservation system. It still seems odd to me the cabin dimensions are different than MARINER/NAVIGATOR when the ships have the same width????

Ernie

I say an EMPHATIC NO THANK-YOU! Give me another Song of America or Grandeur of The Seas anyday over FOS. I'm not impressed at all. On a ship that size it will be almost impossible to maintain attention to detail and excellent passenger service. IMHO this ship is ugly, without any improvement from Voyager class ships. How sad that RCI can only think in terms of "floating mall/themepark at sea". When I'm on a cruise I want the feeling that I'm on an ocean going ship. I cruised on the VOS, my 1st time on a Voyager class, and learned that for my preferences ships over 90,000 GRT don't trick my trigger, ship wise.

Brilliance of The Seas 4/06

Voyager of The Seas 12/05

Oosterdam 5/05

Zaandam 4/05

MSC Opera 2/05

Queen Mary II 6/04

Sun Princess 5/04

Horizon 5/03

Zuiderdam 4/03

Zaandam 2/03

Veendam 1/03

Radiance of The Seas 10/02

Grandeur of The Seas 9/02

Maasdam 4/02 x2

Zaandam 2/02

Westerdam 2/02

Pacific Princess I 10/01

Grand Princess 9/01

Viking Serenade 2/01

Sun Princess 11/00

Century 10/97

Regal Princess 10/94

Viking Serenade 10/93

Dawn Princess I (ex Sitmar Fairwind - MY FAVORITE SHIP EVER!)

Southward 6/89

A first look at the interiors of Freedom of the Seas, Thanks to Carsten of Cruiseinfo.

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schif...om_of_the_seas

I am just back from our first night on the ship. (Probably the first night anyone has been in that cabin.) She is a beautiful ship. There are some finishing touches that need to be done on the pool decks, but other than that she is just ready to rock.

The pictures I have uploaded on that link are preliminary and in quite a bad quality. I will upload more and better ones tonight.

Cheers,

Carsten

P.S.: The Diamond Club is for all Crown & Anchor members. At least that's what the press flyer says.

P.P.S.: Funny technical mishap during the opening show in the theatre: One of the singers (while attached to a rope) suddenly got sucked right beneath the cealing and was hanging on there. Took them quite a while to get him down and restart the show.

Thanks for the pictures. Even if they are "poor" quality in your opinion, the rest of us are grateful as we have been desperately waiting for any pictures.

I'm currently glued to webcams waiting for her to sail out of Hamburg in about an hour.

In a way, I'm glad certain folks are using the board to whine about how they would never sail on a mall at sea. I don't see Freedon (or the Voyager class for that matter) this way but what would be really sad would be to be onboard with all of these people. If they want to whine here, let em. Onboard, we'll all be too busy having fun.

We've sailed on smaller ships and they, too, have windowless shopping arcades. They're just not as grand. Oh well, different strokes...

For those of us who have been packing our own protein powder all these years, looks like RCI has taken note and will offer protein shakes / smoothies on Freedom of the Seas. Check out the menu from the first set of photos taken of the interior.

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/freedom_cimg1953.jpg

I sent an email last year asking about the conflicting information on the website and here is the response I received:

Hello Dotsie,

The statistics for Mariner and Navigator are correct. The statistics for Voyager and Explorer are also correct, but the heading should indicate Adventure, not Freedom. The first 3 vessels, VY, EX, AD are all the same. Next came NV and MA, which are larger. Freedom staterooms and suites are identical to the larger versions of NV and MA. They are not smaller. Plus, the Freedom stateroom balconies are significantly larger than NV and MA. Further, the Presidential suite should be of particular interest to families. It is unprecedented, with an enormous balcony area for open air parties.

Have a Great Day!

Marta I. Barrios

Executive Assistant to Adam M. Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

~~~~~~~

I sent her these dimensions and her response indicated that the Adventure should be listed in the heading with the Explorer and Voyager, not the Freedom

Mariner and Navigator

Royal Suite - 1,325 sq ft - balcony 248 sq ft

Owner's Suite - 618 sq ft - balcony 131 sq ft

Grand Suite - 390 sq ft - balcony 80 sq ft

JS - 299 sq ft - balcony 65 sq ft

D1 - 206 sq ft - balcony 42 sq ft

Voyager and Explorer and Freedom

Royal Suite - 1,188 sq ft - balcony 170 sq ft

Owners Suite - 506 sq ft - balcony 64 sq ft

Grand Suite - 381 sq ft - balcony 95 sq ft

JS - 277 sq ft - balcony 69 sq ft

D1 - 202 sq ft - balcony 50 sq ft (on Freedom 188 sq ft - balcony 50 sq ft)

*112 square feet difference in Owner's Suite.

Dotsie

All I can say is that if there is a bartender on the other side, people will have to coin a new term for ME....Stool Hog! I'll be up there, turning to a prune and drinking bloody marys by 6:00am! ROFL

Tracy

And you won't have to get off your stool when you need to go to the bathroom......:eek: :eek:

I'll be right next to you Tracy ... but not until early afternoon with a Rum'n Coke thank you very much! ;) I'm glad the swim up bar (if that is what it is) is in the adults only pool.

No worries, Ernie. I will bring an extra paperback to save a stool for you. Hmmm, might need to be more creative than that, as it may disintegrate before you get there. Ahhhh, forging new territory: hogging a pool bar-stool! ROFL

Tracy

She is a beautiful ship. There are some finishing touches that need to be done on the pool decks, but other than that she is just ready to rock.

The pictures I have uploaded on that link are preliminary and in quite a bad quality. I will upload more and better ones tonight.

Carsten,

You have made many people here VERY happy! Thanks so much for taking the time to "feed the beast"! :D

Tracy

I am just back from our first night on the ship. (Probably the first night anyone has been in that cabin.) She is a beautiful ship. There are some finishing touches that need to be done on the pool decks, but other than that she is just ready to rock.

Cheers,

Carsten

P.S.: The Diamond Club is for all Crown & Anchor members. At least that's what the press flyer says.

P.P.S.: Funny technical mishap during the opening show in the theatre: One of the singers (while attached to a rope) suddenly got sucked right beneath the cealing and was hanging on there. Took them quite a while to get him down and restart the show.

Do you know what amenites are available in the Diamond Club?

Do you know what amenites are available in the Diamond Club?

Check out this picture (little shaky)...

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/freedom_cimg2020.jpg

To the right, and not on the pic, is a little marble counter and against the wall some food mounts for what looks like mini self-serve stations. Other than that, there wasn't much else in the room.

Carsten, Thanks for the pictures. Do you have a pictures of the Presenditial Suite? Is one of the master bedrooms bigger than the others or are they the same? I know rccl web site has pictures of the suite but they are computer generated. I would like to see the real pictures. Thanks again.

Carsten, Thanks for the pictures. Do you have a pictures of the Presenditial Suite? Is one of the master bedrooms bigger than the others or are they the same? I know rccl web site has pictures of the suite but they are computer generated. I would like to see the real pictures. Thanks again.

No, I am afraid the presidential family suite has been closed when we tried to get in. It is all the way at the back of the ship. We do have pictures of the royal suite, but these are "just" two bedrooms. Very impressive master bathroom, though ;)

I have added another ~ 40 pictures, mostly action shots from different events. I also have several press photos from different locations, if anyone is interested.

Here's the link:

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/

Cheers,

Carsten

No, I am afraid the presidential family suite has been closed when we tried to get in. It is all the way at the back of the ship. We do have pictures of the royal suite, but these are "just" two bedrooms. Very impressive master bathroom, though ;)

I have added another ~ 40 pictures, mostly action shots from different events. I also have several press photos from different locations, if anyone is interested.

Here's the link:

http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas/

Cheers,

Carsten

Sweet Pics added Thank You

Archived