Just back from the Freedom!

Anyone visit the bars ;) :D ?.....would love to know what the Bull & Bear is like please....is it similiar to the Wig & Gavel on the Voyager class ships ?

Thanks

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

I haven't been on the Voyager-Class yet, the Bull & Bear is basically like an english pub, at least that's what it looked like....

Phil

Fury....from Carsten's earlier post......

Tracy

They had all been opened up the first day and then one of them got closed by the crew. They are definetely movable. What I don't know is if RCCL has a policy about actually doing it, or if it is just for maintenance reasons or something. Technically it works and I have seen them doing it.

Anyone visit the bars?

The pub looked great. "Vocal Guitarist" Jimmy Blakemoore played there and people really enjoyed it. Of course the fact that all alcohol was free might have played a role as well ;)

Hi Full Moon

Well, you are in for a Treat...while doing the Tour, EVERYONE got confused, as there are so many bedrooms and bathrooms, that you could easily get lost....and I'm serious!!

The Balcony is really nice, BUT not entirely private...half of the Balcony can be overseen from Balconies above.....and you don't see directly down

to the Water....the View down to the Water is blocked by the Steel-Construction....

But the Suite itself is simply stunning, you will enjoy it, I can guarantee that...:)

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil!

Do you have any photos of the view from this balcony. I keep hearing about how the Presidential Family Suite is supposed to be so awesome, but what good is it if you can't easily see the water while you are on your cruise ship balcony?

Thanks~~

Leslie

cruiseinfo.de and Aquarius2 Thank you so much for all the info you guys have brought back and the wonderful pics. I have really enjoyed seeing and hearing everything about the Freedom.

We have a PR cabin also in Sept. I was noticing that it looked quite a bit smaller than the other PR cabins we've been in on the other Voyager class ships. Aquarius2 Did you feel like you were really squeezed in there? Was there 2 of you in the cabin and did you feel like there was enough storage? I love the pic of the new beds and flat screen TV.

Also, a "boxing ring". Is this for a class in kick boxing that they will teach as part of the fitness center. It's hard for me to believe that rccl is really going to have a boxing ring for anyone who wants to beat the heck out of a fellow passenger:eek:

Looking forward to your posts and new pics.

Thanks again

Linda

Also, a "boxing ring". Is this for a class in kick boxing that they will teach as part of the fitness center. It's hard for me to believe that rccl is really going to have a boxing ring for anyone who wants to beat the heck out of a fellow passenger:eek:

Looking forward to your posts and new pics.

Thanks again

Linda

The press statement I read said that they will have a professional box trainer on board and that people could book a very "intense" workout with that box trainer. I think it was a multi-day program.

Also, if you are a more experienced boxer, they have some program so that you can work out.

Thanks for the quick replies on the Pub....wow great to read that Jimmy is on the ship now.......we really enjoyed the Pub on the Mariner when Jimmy was singing....our friends always knew where to find "the girls"....in the Pub hahaha.

Thanks for all the great photos and info :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Hi Phil!

Do you have any photos of the view from this balcony. I keep hearing about how the Presidential Family Suite is supposed to be so awesome, but what good is it if you can't easily see the water while you are on your cruise ship balcony?

Thanks~~

Leslie

I'll go to my pics and answer you tomorrow (it's getting late here in Europe and I didn't sleep more than 2h on the Freedom.....)

Cheers,

Phil

cruiseinfo.de and Aquarius2 Thank you so much for all the info you guys have brought back and the wonderful pics. I have really enjoyed seeing and hearing everything about the Freedom.

We have a PR cabin also in Sept. I was noticing that it looked quite a bit smaller than the other PR cabins we've been in on the other Voyager class ships. Aquarius2 Did you feel like you were really squeezed in there? Was there 2 of you in the cabin and did you feel like there was enough storage? I love the pic of the new beds and flat screen TV.

Hmm, as with all the "standard" sized cabins, there isn't alot of space....but you kind of have two sofas (the regular one) and one by the Window to the Promenade), so you have some spots to put stuff on...

As for the Storage Space, you should be fine for a week, but now that you ask me, I'll have to check if I do have pics of the Storage Space...

As for the Boxing Ring, I'm not sure if this is gonne be successfull, seriously. But time will tell.

A they haven't got a Thermal Suite like on the Radiance Class-Ships, I'm already missing that...

More tomorrow, I seriously need sleep now...

Cheers,

Phil

:D

Aquarius2..... thanks so much for all the info..

we will be staying three cabins to the left of your promanade cabin. Will it still be across from the Cafe Promenade or will it be above guest relations. Sorry for the odd question but would rather be above the promanade than guest relations.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS!!!

Aquarius2..... thanks so much for all the info..

we will be staying three cabins to the left of your promanade cabin. Will it still be across from the Cafe Promenade or will it be above guest relations. Sorry for the odd question but would rather be above the promanade than guest relations.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS!!!

You should still be opposite to Cafe Promenade (Well, the Book Nook, but that's part of the Cafe Promenade....)

Cheers,

Phil

Hi All

We just gpt off the AOS for the third time .. and while on board jumped in and booked THE FREEDOM for 4/1/07. While booking my daughter was on the Explorer and booked the same cruise.. concierge called to tell me .. quite a coincidence. Ports aren't great but the vacation is being on the ship.

Wondering .. was the solarium roof on the ship opened or closed .. on the Jewel last April the roof was closed the whole cruise??

Thanks for any info and looking forward to pics too..

how did you come by this wonderful experience???

HAPPY SAILING!

Ruby

Thanks WRP ..went on to see some more pics and noticed that ...

looks like a nice ship.. can't wait .. perhaps will have to make it a summer cruise too..

waiting to see the pics from Phil..

Enjoy!

Happy Sailing!

Ruby

This is probally the worst thing ever i am only 17 and i love cruise ships like all of you i have been watching freedom grow in turku and i thought i had a chance to get on before my my cruise in jan 2007 my aunt in a travel agent and got invited for the cruise that leaves from newyork for a night or so and they are only letting guests that are over 21 VERY DISAPOINTING

It's the second day of our cruise and I have to say that Freedom is a nice ship but personally it's too big for me.

I really like the Radiance class more.

But you can't go wrong with Freedom if you like Voyager Class.

Ice show and the new show Marquee were quite good. If you cruise regularly with RCL you will find many familiar faces in the crew.

Royal Promenade is huge and nice (even if I don't like her very much personally). You will find the typical English pub, Vintages, Sorrento’s, A Clean Shave etc.

Flowrider is stunning and I even had the chance to see Richard Fein on the flowrider! Unfortunately I had no chance to take a photo.

But can you imagine Richard Fein in a wet suite?

Regarding the opening balcony divider I spoke to Guest Relations because I was in a balcony cabin myself and noticed the movable divider.

After boarding you can request to open the divider. The security department will decide if they open the divider.

A note for Diamond members:

Concierge Club is off limits to us here. There is a separate club in the aft of the Viking Crown Lounge. Does not look that appealing to me but maybe when people are inside and the lounge is staffed it will look different.

Also no Concierge Service for Diamond members. The Concierge told me that there might be a limited service available for Diamond members but they did not have decided yet what that will be. Concierge Lounge and Concierge will strictly be for suite passengers onboard Freedom.

Windjammer has a good layout but if the ship sails at full capacity I would imagine long lines there even with the island concept from Radiance Class.

And finally I put some pictures of different cabins on my website http://people.freenet.de/panamarowdy but unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the background color. A white textcolor on a white background does not work well. And sometimes the pictures do not seem to load as well.

I can't sort out the problem right now but feel free to try my page. A little trick might help to see the text: just select the page as if you would like to save the text, then you should be able to read it.

At the end let me thank Royal Caribbean for the invitation. Like other people told you everything except from Spa and Gift shops was complimentary. The crew did the best they can to did not let you notice that there is still a lot of work in progress. But already now Freedom is a great and big (huge) experience.

If you have questions feel free to ask but I won't be able to answer before Friday afternoon EST because I'm flying from Oslo straight to Florida to join Brilliance for her transatlantic crossing. Next update on my website will not before mid of May due to the slow Internet connection on the transatlantic.

G.W.

Archived