Just back from the Freedom!

Thanks so much for the pictures. I've been waiting to see what the Junior Suites look like, and I was able to pull those pictures up. The rooms look great. I think we finally have our questions about room size answered. They aren't any bigger, but the balconies seem to be. Thanks again.

Freedom’s features fully unveiled

25/4/2006

The surf park, boxing ring, 14-person family suite and whirlpools suspended 112 feet above sea level were highly anticipated. But the first visitors aboard Freedom of the Seas this week in Europe are getting to see the full range of features offered by the new world’s largest cruise ship.

Freedom’s Royal Promenade stretches 445 feet and contains the 3,600-volume Book Nook and a pizzeria, Sorrento’s. The barbershop, another new attraction in the area, offers shaves, haircuts, shoeshines, and scalp and shoulder massages.

Beyond the Royal Promenade, the new On Air Club is a karaoke venue with theatrical lighting, video cameras, flat-screen TVs and a ‘green screen’ for recording music videos. For professional entertainment, the Art Deco-style Arcadia Theatre seats 1,350 and will stage three shows: ‘Marquee,’ a medley of performances, the musical ‘Now You See It!’ magic show and ‘Once Upon a Time,’ a narrative piece combining the Brothers Grimm’s fairytales. Two new refreshment spots are Squeeze, a juice bar near the H2O Zone (a top-deck area crammed with water features) and the Wipe Out! bar, a free-standing shack near the FlowRider surf park where passengers can order draft beer, wine and icy fruit drinks.

Thanks for the pictures, Michael. We will be in a junior suite in October and were especially pleased to see pictures of that category stateroom. Have a good flight to Florida and enjoy your transatlantic on the Brilliance. Like you, the Radiance Class is our favorite but it will be very interesting to sail on the Freedom with our kids and grandkids. Looking forward to our preview visit next month when the ship is in Boston.

Interesting information about the Diamond Club. At least it has a view which is the one thing I disliked about the concierge lounges on Voyager class ships.

Hope we get to sail with you again sometime.

I give up. How did you open the Freedom picture page? All I got was a German page, looked like it wanted me to Log on!

The only links that are working right now are the Junior Suites up to Presidential Suites, rest are broken links. G.W. said he/she won't be back till friday. We just have to wait then. :cool:

Hey all

We have sailed 17 cruises with RCCL and was glad when we finally made it to be able to enjoy the concierge lounge. Now to learn that us paying guests on THE FREEDOM a will be second class citizens to first time suite cruisers .. thats not fair .. we should be the ones with the GOOD CONCIERGE LOUNGE .. not people who go on one cruise and take a jr suite ..

RCCL will definitely hear from me ..

pictures of the cabins would be wonderful to sea ..

I am searching, anyone have them please let me know ..

thanks all

Happy Sailing

Ruby

Schilinky

Every cruise we have been on that had a concierge lounge allowed all jr and other suites people to use the concierge lounge. Of course some ships, earlier ones did not have a concierge lounge ...

Hopefully they will do something for us DEDICATED RCCL CRUISERS.

HAPPY SAILING!

RUBY

Schplinky is right. Jr. Suite guests are not entitled to the Concierge lounge. That starts with Grand Suite guests and up. But I agree with you, Ruby. That's very disappointing about the Diamond memebers. I worked hard to get that privilege. Really disappointing....It should be the other way around.

Thanks Max's Mom

then there are alot of discrepency on the way RCCL handles their customers..

I met a number of people in the jr suites .. concierge room too ..

guess it depends which way the WIND is blowing ...

but the Diamond club members should write to Fain and Goldstein or Crown and Anchor to make sure we are heard ..

Have a great day..

and

HAPPY SAILING

RUBY

Folks need to relax about the Diamond / Concierge thing. All we have is a few comments from one person sailing on a brand new ship that will not carry paying customers for another month (nothing against the person who posted the info; I'm sure they are just reporting what they were told).

Maybe it makes sense to let RCI get Freedom up and running, get some additional facts so that we have a complete story, and then contact RCI if that still makes sense.

I read a couple of post's that are stating that Diamond members will not be allowed to use the Concierge's room/service that this will only be available to suite guests only. We have been a diamond member for over a year and love this service and had looked forward to getting this service as a diamond member. Anyone else hearing this ? I really hope its not true I would hate to think that RCCL would do this to some of there frequent guests. Thanks

James

GMONEY

I hope you are right. Its true, I am jumping the gun but the agent we booked with mentioned the same thing .. that we would have separate lounges and it is on the ships deck plans too.

I also enjoy the amenities of the lounge and the agent mentioned GET THIS ONE .. the suite passengers didn't want to share with Diamond Club members .. good one eh?

Well we shall watch the boards and see what develops on the up and coming cruises, then the letter writing campaign begins ..

Thanks all for the good info

HAPPY SAILING!!

Ruby

Folks need to relax about the Diamond / Concierge thing. All we have is a few comments from one person sailing on a brand new ship that will not carry paying customers for another month.

Yes...the voice of reason. There has been talk of two separate lounges all along. I think it will all be okay, but we should take a deep breath and wait-and-see before getting too worried about it.

Tracy

GMONEY

I hope you are right. Its true, I am jumping the gun but the agent we booked with mentioned the same thing .. that we would have separate lounges and it is on the ships deck plans too.

I also enjoy the amenities of the lounge and the agent mentioned GET THIS ONE .. the suite passengers didn't want to share with Diamond Club members .. good one eh?

Well we shall watch the boards and see what develops on the up and coming cruises, then the letter writing campaign begins ..

Thanks all for the good info

HAPPY SAILING!!

Ruby

Ruby, you were granted access because you are a diamond member, it had nothing to do with being in a JS. You do not get Concierge benefits with a JS.

###

Archived