Sensation changed to Fantasy ship for sailing

beachrus4

The Fantasy and Sensation swapped itineraries beginnin 4/6. The reason is the Sesation has propulsion problems that do not permit it to make the long trek to Grand Turks and back. There has been much posted here and much written in travel industry rags.

I was booked on Sensation 11/8/06 and still have not been "officially" notified. I have 4 cabins booked through a TA. I have registered on Carnival's website and my reservation there now shows Fantasy instead of Sensation but I have received no email, mail or phone call from anyone.

Can that propulsion problem not be fixed? I am shocked that it hasn't been fixed yet. It has been over a month.

That problem is going to take a dry dock, and I suspect that since Carnival has an identical ship available they do not want to lose the revenue and good will that would result from an unscheduled drydocking.

I thought it was a great solution to the problem. Too bad it didn't happen the week prior as I was on the Sensation and could not go to Grand Turks because of the propulsion problem. The Sensation now does the shorter itinerary which it is perfectly suited for. IMO there is really no need to address the propulsion issue.

Well, I am a travel agent; and I did not receive an email. Not good, but I will be calling Carnival to get to the bottom of the issue. Thanks! :)

No issue involved. They changed ships to accommodate propulsion problems on the Sensation. Well within their right according to the contract you have with them.

This is old news. Happened over a month ago. You really should check CC more often. :)

Mark T

Can that propulsion problem not be fixed? I am shocked that it hasn't been fixed yet. It has been over a month.

They tried to fix it, but the Chief Engineer couldn't hold his breath that long. Will take a dry dock, as has been explained in other postings.

Mark T

I happened to notice when I researched for my client to see if the price had gone down for them. That's when I noticed through the general Carnival system. Incidentally the price has gone up now since my booking in January.

And, yes, Mark T., cruisecritic.com is a fabulous source of info thanks to all of you!!!! Give yourselves a hand!!:)

Well, I am a travel agent; and I did not receive an email. Not good, but I will be calling Carnival to get to the bottom of the issue. Thanks! :)

I was faxed and refaxed as well as emailed for our clients affected......At one point I called and advised that I needed no more reminders : )

Old news! The reason for the change, the Sensation cannot make the run to Grand Turk. The ship is fine and can make the trip to the Bahamas. This way they do not need to mess up anymore cruises until the Sensation goes back in dry dock on it's normal rotation!

Yes, CC has a wealth of information! Even for TA's!:D lol

Archived