How late can you stay on the ship at the end of the cruise?

cefh

We are on the Millie, Venice to Barcelona in August and I am looking at either an 11am flight or a 10pm flight back from Barcelona to England. I have 2 questions. Is 11am too early, and if so, how late can we stay on the ship, so that we don't have to drag our luggage around Barcelona all day, waiting for the 10pm flight?

We are on the Millie, Venice to Barcelona in August and I am looking at either an 11am flight or a 10pm flight back from Barcelona to England. I have 2 questions. Is 11am too early, and if so, how late can we stay on the ship, so that we don't have to drag our luggage around Barcelona all day, waiting for the 10pm flight?

11am is cutting it close! I wouldn't do it on an International flight.

However, you can't stay on the ship past the last color called for disembarkation. The ship has to be made ready for the next sailing, so I would expect the latest you would be allowed to stay on would be in the neighborhood of 9:30am or 10:00am.

Check to see if there are any city tours offered in Barcelona that would take up most of the day. You'll have to keep your luggage with you.

If they do what we did on our Millennium cruise from Venice to Barcelona last June, the ship actually arrives to Barcelona the afternoon before the end of the cruise....the last "sea day" is more like a half of a sea day. You will dock overnight in Barcelona.

I know that they were allowing people off the ship very early in the morning to catch flights. So I think you shouldn't have any problem making an 11 AM flight.

You might want to check your itinerary to make sure you are arriving into Barcelona the day before the end of the cruise like we did.

There are several tours offered that accommodate your luggage and end at the airport. Also, there is a place in downtown Barcelona where you can store your luggage for a fee and have the day free to tour on your own, then pick up your luggage, take a taxi to the airport and enjoy the day. That would be my choice - the late flight and a full day in a wonderful city. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/transport/baggage-storage-barcelona.html

As Desertbelle said, the ship is scheduled to arrive in Barcelona the day before you disembark at 2pm.

Thus, you could easily catch an 11am flight the next day.

As other posters have mentioned, if you wanted to explore Barcelona that day, then you could do that too.

As the ship will have been cleared the day before, they will be getting you off pretty quickly, so, to answer your question about how late you could stay on board - probably not anytime past 9:30am at the latest.

The airport in Barcelona was an absolute zoo. Lines for check in were outrageous with no one to ask for information. People with flight at 11 would not have made it unless there was someone from the airline pulling them out for check in -which some airlines did. I wouldn't chance it especially if there is more than one ship disembarking.

We took the offered ride at around 10.00am (with RCL) to Barcelona airport, but instead of leaving our cases in the left luggage depot, we asked if it were possible to check them in with the airline prior to our 9.00pm flight to the UK. The airline was Iberia.

We then took the train direct from the airport and enjoyed a day in Barcelona before heading back to the airport for our evening flight. The underground 'tube' was cheap and easy to use.

It may be possible for you to contact your airline prior to your trip to confirm that checking in your luggage early would be possible.

Archived