Wild, Wild Zaandam!

woodz

Got home this AM (2:00) from our 3 day Zaandam Coastal Cruise. We had Gale Force 10 winds and High Seas, with waves caping at 33 ft. We heard that the ships Dr. even got sick. We were about 4 hours late docking in Vancouver and missed our flights. We had a great time. The crew was gracious, food good and cruise very relaxing. Thank goodness for meclazine!!!!

Got home this AM (2:00) from our 3 day Zaandam Coastal Cruise. We had Gale Force 10 winds and High Seas, with waves caping at 33 ft. We heard that the ships Dr. even got sick. We were about 4 hours late docking in Vancouver and missed our flights. We had a great time. The crew was gracious, food good and cruise very relaxing. Thank goodness for meclazine!!!!

Woodz : Was on board with you and I definitely know what you're talking about! The show on Tuesday night and sitting up in the Crow's Nest was quite interesting!

we were on a cruise once where the cast had a chance to rehearse on the stage while the ship was in drydock---- first nite into the cruise we had a little chop and during the first show about 3/4 of of the cast left the stage seasick---------there was no 2nd show per say---- the comedian who was supposed to appear on the 3rd nite --agreed to do the 2nd show ---------what a trouper

My husband and I are taking the Zaandam back to LA (or is it San Diego?)from Vancouver in September. Though a wild ride sounds fun at first, I suspect the fun wears off quick :-).

We were on the Ryndam from San Diego to Vancouver last spring and seas were placid all the way. But, we've had a stormy, cool, wet spring in the Pacific Northwest this year.

Glad all made it home safe though.

Though a wild ride sounds fun at first, I suspect the fun wears off quick :-).

Believe it or not ... there are "strange" folks like me who actually looooove the "wild ride" and never get tired of rough seas. :) Smooth seas bore me ... heck, why not just stay on land? At least with the wild ride, I know I'm in the middle of the ocean on what is basically a small boat. Good fun! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived