Latitudes prices when booking directly with NCL

I've never booked directly with NCL because their prices for cruises I wanted were always markedly above the online Big Three's. Now we're thinking of booking a cruise for which NCL's prices are identical once insurance, port fees and the assorted other musts are added in. So we might as well book directly with NCL.

I'm going to ask NCL if they can get that down a little more with a Latitudes discount, but first wanted to ask you guys if that's something they normally do? This was not advertised as a Latitudes special via brochure or e-mail--the lowest price I've been able to find is the "rack rate" on NCL's site.

Do they offer Latitudes discounts when you book directly with them?

Thanks!

When you signed on, did they ask if you were a latitudes member? I believe they did if you went through the "voyages and pricing" on the site. If you answered yes, you have a latitudes discount. That being said, I have called and received both higher and lower quotes than the web-site.

When you signed on, did they ask if you were a latitudes member? I believe they did if you went through the "voyages and pricing" on the site. If you answered yes, you have a latitudes discount. That being said, I have called and received both higher and lower quotes than the web-site.

Hmmm, I guess not since I was nosing around for info, not seriously booking. I don't think I even noticed the spot for a Latitudes number!

That's interesting that you've received both higher and lower quotes than the site. I wonder what happens when you politely point out that it's cheaper on the site.

I'll try it both ways--on the site with a Latitudes number and on the phone with a request for a Latitudes discount. Thanks!

When the list of all available categories comes up - you can click of the price and it will show what fare code and details it is using. Keep in mind the cheapest may not be the latitudes price. Often early booking or other premonitions are better.

In any case when I book online it is just to hold the cabin I want. I always call and have the agent check for better fares or promotions.

In fact NCL had a promo on the site for the Sun in 2003 100% single rate. I called and nobody could find it. I had to walk the manager thru the website to show them. The good news in the end I got the deal.

one of the big 3 doesn't include taxes in their pricing so comparing can be tricky if you're not wise to them

Yeah, I know--I'm wise to their ways and did a real comparison--thanks!

Looks like I can get both a Latitudes and an early booking discount through the NCL site, making it noticeably lower than any of the Big Three. First time I've ever had that experience with NCL!

I booked online thru NCL in Jan for our cruise b/c the prices were either the same or a little less. By the final payment NCL was cheaper than anywhere else. Then 2 weeks we got a Latitudes postcard advertising our cruise and it was way cheaper. I went online and did a new booking up to the payment part then called NCL. The rep I spoke with did the same thing and got us back $300.00. Same cabin category and everything. I have since found out that the $300 is our latitudes discount which even though I checked the box and put in the number had not been applied to our original purchase.

When I originally posted my great customer service experience I got a couple of poo-poo'ers saying the rep was wrong to give me the $300 back and that it was for "new" bookings only. Ha they were wrong.

My advice to you is to book it online then call NCL and confirm that you have gotten the latitudes discount. Also I get a government employee discount and NCL offers discounts to members of certain unions and the FOP. I believe you can only apply 2 discounts to the booking.

Good luck and post an update.

Linda

one of the big 3 doesn't include taxes in their pricing so comparing can be tricky if you're not wise to them

On line rates may not include taxes AND insurance in their pricing, as NCL does on their website.

On line rates may not include taxes AND insurance in their pricing, as NCL does on their website.

Right. It's worth the time to get to know how these guys set up their pricing, so that you can easily make real comparisons.

We got a Latitudes discount when we booked our upcoming Alaska cruise directly with NCL...gave the rep our Latitudes numbers over the telephone, and the discount was applied immediately. Saved us about $500..

Archived