What is a must See for Seattle?

For a visitor to Seattle, IMHO West Seattle is a little out of the way. It is far easier to get nearly the same view from the back of a ferry heading to Bainbridge Island or Bremerton. They leave from pier 52 right downtown. The walk-on fare is only $6.50 and, since it only collected west-bound, that is essentially round trip. More info can be found here.

Alki Beach is nice (and I certainly spent more than my fair share of time cruising it as a teenager), but it isn't a nice sand beach that most cruisers are used to spending time at. This site does give info and directions for anyone wishing to go there. The last time we took visitors to see the view from there at night, I pointed out Puget Sound to my (now ex) SIL. Her response was "I don't hear anything." :eek:

The Boeing Assembly Plant is the one north of Seattle in Everett. Anyone wanting to take tours should definately make reservations. They are hard to get. I don't believe that the Seattle facility is open to the public. There is the Museum of Flight located at Boeing Field (the place north of Sea-Tac). This is their webpage.

We will arrive around noon in Seattle half day to sight see, can get off and on double bus have tickets. Will have half day at return what to see in that time.

Thanks for input first trip to Seattle. jslightning:confused:

Thank you so much for starting this thread. DH & I will be in Seattle for the first time come Sept. Have one day pre-cruise and one day post-cruise to pack it all in. NOW I can begin planning our days.:)

Only problem is everything sounds so exciting I don't know where to start!:cool:

Dianne

Be sure to see a fish ladder where the salmon are doing their thing.

Fish ladder? Salmon doing their own thing? O.K., I'll bite. What the heck are you talking about?

Sorry to sound dumb but I'm from the midwest where walleye don't climb ladders and no one cares if they're doing their thing or not.

Dianne

Spender Nui is referring to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (also known as the Ballard Locks). Boats transit them to go between (salt water) Puget Sound to (fresh water) Lake Union and on to Lake Washington. Fish use the 'ladder' as part of going 'upstream' to spawn.

More on top Seattle attractions can be found here or the fish ladder here.

Spender Nui is referring to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (also known as the Ballard Locks). Boats transit them to go between (salt water) Puget Sound to (fresh water) Lake Union and on to Lake Washington. Fish use the 'ladder' as part of going 'upstream' to spawn.

More on top Seattle attractions can be found here or the fish ladder here.

Thanks for those links. I'm getting the picture now.:)

Dianne

Archived