Mariner Aft 8690 or 6388 ?

8690 is better. From Deck 8 up there is no obstruction. It's a corner aft. I had this room on the Mariner last October. 6388 - you will have a larger balcony but your view will be the roof of the crew area. My TA discouraged me from booking anything below 8. Now, keep in mind this room has a door instead of glass sliders. It really wasn't a big deal but just an FYI.

Thanks - 6388 is also a corner aft and I can't quite picture why 8690 doesn't also look down over the same crew area. I knew about the door and that is no concern. The reason for this question is that we have a B2B booked and couldn't get the same aft balcony for both. I'm not sure it would be advantageous to press for the same cabin, as we will probably (murphy's law) end up with a lesser cabin for one leg. Moving is not a big deal, but convenience and sleeping in is good also.

Thanks again for the info.

Check my pics of 6688 the opposite aft..

We loved it.Great price,Great view..The deck out in front of the cabin is unused.You can see the deck area down below to the left,if you are hanging out over the edge.We saw people out there 2 times.Occasionally a loud door slam,but you may not even have that on your side..

Check out my pics below...

Deck 6 is different on Mariner than on Adventure.Granted you can't see straight in the water.But as you can see from my pics,there is plenty of view from the side.If its the only aft you can get..Take it.

I got off the Explorer last Sunday after spending a week in cabin 7388 which is directly above your cabin. I absolutely loved it and wouldn't hesitate to book that cabin again. The porthole opening in the side provided excellent views (and photo ops). Only saw three crew members below during the entire week. It was quiet and personally I liked the superstructure of the ship. Here is a link to Volume 1 of my photos:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbM2zho5YsXEw

Enjoy your cruise!

Theresa

Archived