Vancouver Info if needed

I would be useful to know what the name of the tours are or who the tour operator is. What I can tell you is that the Vancouver Lookout is about 4 blocks from Canada Place, you could walk to it and save having to pay for a tour. I also think that your children would much prefer the trip to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, there is much more for young people to see and do.....and they offer a free shuttle bus back and forth from Canada Place. In either case you would have to check your luggage but there is a commercial luggage check at Canada Place.

http://www.capbridge.com/

http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/services-cruiseterminalbaggagestorageservice

It's West Coast and we were hoping to do a day trip before we head back home. This one was recommended and had a good time frame, will store our luggage and drop us off at the airport. However, 4 blocks down for look out tower and a free shuttle to the bridge sounds great, but how about getting to a few of the other tourist spots? Any recs?

Thanks!

From the Capilano Bridge you could continue up Capilano Road to Grouse Mountain with its grizzly bears on a transit bus and such then take the mountain's free shuttle back to Canada Place....with that you will have had a pretty full day. Another option would be to just do the bridge, come back on their shuttle, the take a #19 bus to Stanley Park then take Vancouver Trolley's shuttle around the park for $10 pp...again a pretty full day.

http://www.grousemountain.com/

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tour/stanley-park-shuttle

My husband will be arriving on a Saturday afternoon via the amtrak cascades and after checking in at our hotel, we are thinking about heading over to Granville Island (will be in September) or maybe seeing Gaslamp District. Any suggestions which itinerary would be the best? Wherever we end up we will probably stay in the area for dinne. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Visit Granville Island, and have dinner in the Yaletown district back in Vancouver, which has an abundance of great food.

"Visit Granville Island, and have dinner in the Yaletown district back in Vancouver."

The way you worded this makes it sound like Granville Island isn't part of Vancouver.

Cheers

Dennis

On second read, you're right. Adding DOWNTOWN makes a little more sense.

From the Capilano Bridge you could continue up Capilano Road to Grouse Mountain with its grizzly bears on a transit bus and such then take the mountain's free shuttle back to Canada Place....with that you will have had a pretty full day. Another option would be to just do the bridge, come back on their shuttle, the take a #19 bus to Stanley Park then take Vancouver Trolley's shuttle around the park for $10 pp...again a pretty full day.

http://www.grousemountain.com/

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tour/stanley-park-shuttle

Can I make it to Look out Tower in 2 hours from the cruise terminal and back by walking? I think it was mentioned that it was 4 blocks away.

Can I make it to Look out Tower in 2 hours from the cruise terminal and back by walking? I think it was mentioned that it was 4 blocks away.

The Vancouver Lookout is part of Harbour Centre which is about a 5 minute walk from Canada Place.You walk up the Howe St. ramp from Canada Place, turn left on Cordova St., walk 2 blocks east to Seymour St, you can then go thru Harbour Centre to it, or turn right and walk up Seymour 1 block, turn left on Hastings St and there it is.

Edited by Putterdude

I'm pretty sure one of you will have an answer for this! We are going on a land visit to Vancouver next week (March 27). We were there last year and saw the False Creek Ferries that went between Granville Island, the Aquatic Center, and the Maritime Museum on weekends.

We always stay in the West End and this time wanted to try the ferry to the Vanier Park area for the museums instead of driving. I even checked out the ferry site about 5 days ago. Today (3/22), the False Creek Ferry website shows "site suspended" and there are no more links to that company I can find. I did find the Aquabus site, but they evidently don't go to the Vanier Park area, only Granville Island and sites east. Do you know if FC Ferries went out of business? I searched a few news sites but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any information.

Penny

Interesting that the web site has been suspended - perhaps there is an issue with their name or whatever but I did call their number and got a tape with the scheduled times etc and I am reasonably sure that I saw there boats as well as the aquabus ones the other day when I went for an after dinner walk along the water.

There phone number is 604 684-7781

Will check them out tomorrow and if there is any change will post it here

Cheers

Dennis

It's probably just a 'someone in the office forgot the pay the webhost at due date' situation - their Twitter feed was active yesterday and the sudden failure of such a publicly visible local service visible should have hit the local news stations within a few hours!

BTW PD, OP said 'FC Ferries' (which I assume was short for False Creek) not 'BC Ferries' :)

The website is now up and running - on my bike ride this morning i stopped at Granville Island for lunch and took a moment and went down to the False creek ferry dock and talked to one of the boat operators - we was surprised to hear that the web site wasn't working so he checked it out on his mobile and it was up and running so everything is okay now.

Cheers

Dennis

Appreciate all the quick and helpful information! I guess I shouldn't have gotten worried...yes, I just checked the website and it is back up.Now I just have to print the schedule out and will be ready to go!

By the way, I HOPE a BC Ferry doesn't try to go down False Creek!;)

Penny

Actually and PD can correct me if I am wrong but some of the smaller ones could easily nagivate the waters of False Creek which isn't really a creek at all but an extension of the ocean as the water is salt water.

Cheers

Dennis

Actually and PD can correct me if I am wrong but some of the smaller ones could easily nagivate the waters of False Creek which isn't really a creek at all but an extension of the ocean as the water is salt water.

Cheers

Dennis

Most of the BC Ferries I've been could get into False Creek. The old railroad beside the Burrand street Bridge can't open wide enough . The depth of False Creek is only about 25 ft . That's what I remember from sailing in the area and looking at the charts.

Well you wouldn't get a Spirit, C or Super C class ship into False Creek but some of the smaller ships could do it...now as for a railway bridge next to the Burrard St. bridge, well it was a swing bridge and was demolished in the some 30 years ago.

Well you wouldn't get a Spirit, C or Super C class ship into False Creek but some of the smaller ships could do it...now as for a railway bridge next to the Burrard St. bridge, well it was a swing bridge and was demolished in the some 30 years ago.

Didn't know they had smaller ones...have only seen the big ones!

Here's proof that they are still going strong - picture taken yesterday and one of the view you will get from Granville Island.

Cheers

Dennis

Wow, can't much more up-to-date info than that! Saw the pix yesterday, but couldn't post until today.

Thank you both,

Penny:)

Yes that is one of the positives about the internet and social media - instant pics or tweets about what is happening now - I can see parts of the market from my condo and it's only two blocks to the ferries for me.

Cheers

Dennis

Been searching for an answer. What is the best way to get to Vancouver B.C. International airport from the Cruise Terminal? Will be arriving on the carnival Spirit on Monday May1st. Have a 1:20 p.m. flight out.

Any hepl would be appriciated very much. Thanks in advance.