Vancouver Info if needed

We will be spending a week in Vancouver at the end of our cruise in July. We will be staying in a time share called Aviawest located 868 Hamilton St. It appears to be located close to lots of sites and restaurants, etc. Does any one know anything about this hotel?

Should we rent a car? We would like to go to Victoria one day and then maybe up to the ski areas for some hiking another day. Not sure if a car would be a burden or an asset in Vancouver. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

sorry no info on the Aviawest at all.

Address is on the fringe of two area's.. sort of in the middle. Shopping on Robson & Yale town. Around the corner from the Library. Walkable to most spots but not really what I would call the top tourist area.

A car would be handy for both your trip to the "Mountains" and getting to and from the Ferrys to Vancouver Island and Victoria. If you are inclinded to drive... do that.

We will be spending a week in Vancouver at the end of our cruise in July. We will be staying in a time share called Aviawest located 868 Hamilton St. It appears to be located close to lots of sites and restaurants, etc. Does any one know anything about this hotel?

Should we rent a car? We would like to go to Victoria one day and then maybe up to the ski areas for some hiking another day. Not sure if a car would be a burden or an asset in Vancouver. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

Do you have the correct address? The only Aviawest I could find is the Aviawest at the Rosedale (838 Hamilton Street). Aviawest at Rosedale

If this is where you're staying, it's very convenient and central. The Rosedale Hotel is considered a 3 to 3 1/2 star suite hotel. Mixed reviews. But the timeshare units might be quite different.

You don't need a car while in Vancouver. It'll be more of a hindrance than help. As Leftcoast mentioned, if you like driving, you might want to rent a car for Whistler or Victoria -- though there are handy bus options if you don't want to drive.

:) Thanks for your input. The timeshare is associated with Rosedale on Robson and is a block away. I'm not expecting a lot but the exchange for the week was under $200 so you can't beat the price!

I like the idea of renting a car for just a few days and using bus transportation.

Any suggestions on the best way to do a day trip to Victoria?

Problem with day trip to Victoria/Vancouver Island is the time spent getting to and from and on the ferry's. I generally advise you are going to be intransit for about 4 hours.(Downtown Van to Downtown Vic for people in tourist mode)

Here's the BC Ferry site. http://www.bcferries.com/

Summer travel generally is a lot easier with reservations but that cost's extra. Weekends can have long line ups.

The route to look at for your trip is "Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay"

Problem with day trip to Victoria/Vancouver Island is the time spent getting to and from and on the ferry's. I generally advise you are going to be intransit for about 4 hours.(Downtown Van to Downtown Vic for people in tourist mode)

Here's the BC Ferry site. http://www.bcferries.com/

Summer travel generally is a lot easier with reservations but that cost's extra. Weekends can have long line ups.

The route to look at for your trip is "Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay"

You are awesome!! Thanks for all your great info on this thread....very helpful. Can't wait to visit B.C.

I'm sorry I can't help you with Seattle as I'm not familiar with available hotels and zones in the Seattle area. The strategy of re-bidding has to do with "free re-bid zones". It is a major component of successful bidding on Priceline.

You can get more detailed information and help about re-bids at either betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com.

Thank you for the info. I will check those out!

Doing a wheel chair stroll near the Wall won't be great. The streets off the very busy main street all slope away downhill. Going will be easy. :) gettin' back ??

There are a few places to drop into for food as across the street is one of the city' major hospital but I am not aware of any great restaurants near there/ (wheel chair wise)

The grounds of the Wall are quite nice however and you will for sure be able to stroll there and is easy to do. (busy street noise aside)

Good Vancouver Restaurants are all over. I wouldn't worry about finding one. Just ask at the hotel when you are here.

There are lot's of wheelchair cabs available intown and certainly will be close by because of the Hospital across the street.

To our Canadian friends I have a couple of questions please.

We'll be in Vancouver 1 day post cruise on 5/21/07 arriving on Celebrity's Infinity. We're considering booking The Times Square Suites for the 1 day.

My questions are:

1) Our flight leaves at 1:15 from YVR, is there a SuperShuttle that picks you up at the hotel that takes you to the airport?

2) Since this is a Monday how will the traffic be going to the airport? I know we should be there at least 2 to 3 hrs. beforehand so I'm trying to factor in time.

3) Are there other hotels in the area where Times Square Suites it located that you would recommend?

Thanks so much for any help and information.

We'll be in Vancouver 1 day post cruise on 5/21/07 arriving on Celebrity's Infinity. We're considering booking The Times Square Suites for the 1 day.

My questions are:

1) Our flight leaves at 1:15 from YVR, is there a SuperShuttle that picks you up at the hotel that takes you to the airport?

From some hotel's yes.

times square ?? It's kind of out of the way.

2) Since this is a Monday how will the traffic be going to the airport? I know we should be there at least 2 to 3 hrs. beforehand so I'm trying to factor in time.

This should not be too bad as you are going against the flow at 10/11AM and this is a Canadian Stat Holiday (24 MAY Just a little early this yr. :) ) Most of us will sleep in or be at the cottage and in the traffic line around 5 PM tryin' to get home. Then the traffic wil be nutz.

3) Are there other hotels in the area where Times Square Suites it located that you would recommend?

As above kind of out of the way, Major hotel closest I guess would be the Westin Bayshore very nice but $$$$

Thanks so much for any help and information.

xxxx

We'll be in Vancouver 1 day post cruise on 5/21/07 arriving on Celebrity's Infinity.

This is the holiday. The day that is the STAT.

It was called "Victoria Day" Her birthday was the 24th of May. "If you don't give us a holiday we'll all run away" was the ditty.

NOw it's the closest Monday to the 24th. this yr. the 21st.

I think I got it right :) eh?

This is the holiday. The day that is the STAT.

It was called "Victoria Day" Her birthday was the 24th of May. "If you don't give us a holiday we'll all run away" was the ditty.

NOw it's the closest Monday to the 24th. this yr. the 21st.

I think I got it right :) eh?

We have the same thing here for Memorial & Columbus Day. We used to always have it on the actual days and then some 15 or so years ago they moved it.

Has anyone stayed at either the Comfort Inn on Nelson St. or the Quality Inn on Howe? Thanks, we are a family of 5 and one size does not fit all. :) Both these properties have rooms that will accomodate us with out breaking the bank.

Appreciate any feed back on these or other options.

I have not stayed in either. But have driven past them frequently.

Both are recognisable main stream chains and both "Look" like that.

Both are in "OK" area's for an overnighter. The Howe st. address is very walkable to the small ferry boats that ply the waters near Granville island.

Street is very busy with traffic in and out of the city.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a great thread. Hopefully someone will have an answer to my 2 questions.

1. We are only going to be in Vancouver for the day before we head to the airport. Is there a way to get our luggage from the ship to the airport, so we can go play????

2. How far is the trolley from Canada place? Where can it be picked up? Can we walk or need to take a cab?

This has been a great thread. Hopefully someone will have an answer to my 2 questions.

1. We are only going to be in Vancouver for the day before we head to the airport. Is there a way to get our luggage from the ship to the airport, so we can go play????

2. How far is the trolley from Canada place? Where can it be picked up? Can we walk or need to take a cab?

Our last stop on our cruise in April is Vancouver on Holland. We have the day to spend there before going to the airport. Does anyone know if there is a way to get your luggage to the airport while we go and play?????

If we do have to drop the luggage off at the airport whats the best way of getting there and then back for the trolley?

Our last stop on our cruise in April is Vancouver on Holland. We have the day to spend there before going to the airport. Does anyone know if there is a way to get your luggage to the airport while we go and play?????

Or how do we get to the airport from canada place then back downtown?

1. It would be more efficient to store your luggage at Canada Place; do your sightseeing; then pick up your bags; and head to the airport via cab or Airporter.

2. The Hop On/Hop Off trolley stop is right in front of Canada Place.

We will be arriving in Vancouver on the 26th ( one day pre-cruise) and we are staying Hilton-metrotown. My question is does anyone know anything about this hotel and is there a rental car drop-off for Alamo near the pier? I am sure we will have more questions as the date gets closer, like what to do for the day, where to eat, etc.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.........

We will be arriving in Vancouver on the 26th ( one day pre-cruise) and we are staying Hilton-metrotown. My question is does anyone know anything about this hotel and is there a rental car drop-off for Alamo near the pier? I am sure we will have more questions as the date gets closer, like what to do for the day, where to eat, etc.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.........

All I know about the hotel is that it's a BIG Hilton. Area is all shopping and the sky train runs very close by.

Burnaby is a neighbour to Vancouver..you can't really tell when you cross form one to the other and access to all other area's from there is fairly easy. You are about 1/2 hour from downtown Vcr. depending on rush hours.

I do not know anything about alamo. sorry.