It appears that our documents are lost!!!!!!!!!

TLHB

I posted a thread last week asking about embarkation. I mentioned that our documents haven't arrived yet for our June 4 sailing. MikeT suggested that I call my TA. I did, and the TA said that he hadn't received them. I called again, the next day. I spoke with another TA in the office and she told me that they had not received the docs and that she would call HAL to check on them. She also said that she would call me back. I gave the TA office all weekend to call, but they didn't. I decided to call HAL today on my own to check. HAL said that they had mailed our docs on APRIL 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: So I immediately called my TA. He wasn't in but I spoke with the manager. She said that they worked last week trying to find our documents so she was aware of the situation. She said that HAL sent them air born and they were sent to the travel agency home office in Florida. Apparently no one in Florida has seen them. The manager took my number and told me that she would get tracking information on it and get back in touch with me. I am getting very nervous about this. HAL told me that they would issue me new documents. I told the TA that. She didn't seem to want to go that route. I don't understand this. What on earth is going on?!?!?!?!?! What should I do???? Should I just quietly and patiently wait on them to see what they do? I explained to them that DH and I will fly out on May 25 to bring our daughters to Louisiana. Since this cruise is for DH and me alone, we are going to take the daughters to the grandparents. I explained to TA that I need my documents before that since we will be leaving. UGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not too happy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I wonder if we have the same TA, Mine sent our documents to the wrong zipcode (another city), I called the agency talked to the Manager and got the tracking number, found out they had the wrong zipcode, called them back and the manager said he would straighten out the problem. The next day we received the docs, but only because our DHL guy new we were expecting them and happened to hear his people discussing the address and he looked at it and new it was mine. The agency had the wrong street address but the right zipcode. The following day I got the first set of Docs. But don't worry if you don't get them you will still be able to board. Just go to Hal web and print out your forms.

Enjoy and have a great cruise.

Last March, our documents still hadn't arrived 2 weeks before the ship was going to sail. We were worried and called HAL. They said that they had already been sent but sent another set anyway. We got them a few days later. When we came back from the cruise our travel agency found the originals at another office. You can imagine that we were a bit frustrated with them for this.

The only reason I can see that the docs might still be needed would be if there are vouchers and/or transfers in the package. HAL is notorious for "losing" information about shareholder credits, prepurchased packages and stuff like that. If you have your own paperwork to back it up, it's no problem for them to find their information. On the 2005 world cruise, not one of our prepurchased packages were in the ship's computer. When I inquired, the response was "we have no record of that." When I showed them MY records, they were suddenly willing to dig through the stack of printouts under the counter, find the information and put it in the computer.

We had a problem on an RCCL cruise where the documents were never delivered. Everything was fine except that I had to pay for an airport to hotel transfer out of pocket. I had nothing to show the shuttle driver that I was entitled to ride.

The local TA manager called me yesterday evening before she left her office. She said that the Florida manager had just called her. He told her that he had looked all over the office and he did not see our documents. He did tell her that he had brought some documents home that were going to the Charlotte office since he knew he was traveling here. He said that he knows that some of the documents were for my specific TA. He didn't remember our name being on any of them though. He told her that he would check at his home and let her know. I should receive a call about that today after she gets back to the office. I hope that our papers are among those at his home. If not, I will be calling HAL and asking for them to send me new papers at my home address. I will also have my boarding pass from online and proof of purchase. I am glad to know that we can get on the ship without the docs, but I want them so that I can do my dance :D and read all of the information since this is our first HAL cruise (and only our second cruise in all). I will not use this TA again. I don't like the fact that they do not seem very concerned about this error. Of course not..................

just talking to HAL about my clients who's tickets haven't arrived and they leave in 1 1/2 weeks. She says they are having some troubles with printing documents. We will see if they actually go out today as promised.

Stefani

Well, the TA Charlotte manager just called. She said that the head Florida manager DOES have our docs at his house. They were in the papers that he brougt home to carry here on his trip tomorrow. He apologized to her and said that he didn't remember our name, but he does have them. She told me that I can come in to the office tomorrow evening and pick them up. I will wait until Thursday evening to go get them, though, because I want DH with me. He is not available tomorrow evening/night.

Thankfully we will get them. I will soon be doing the dance!!!!! :D

Funny thing..................

the original TA that I booked with still hasn't called or talked to me through all of this. I have been dealing with the manager, which is good. However, you would think that he would at least call and apologize or try to make it right somehow.

Well, the TA Charlotte manager just called. She said that the head Florida manager DOES have our docs at his house. They were in the papers that he brougt home to carry here on his trip tomorrow. He apologized to her and said that he didn't remember our name, but he does have them. She told me that I can come in to the office tomorrow evening and pick them up. I will wait until Thursday evening to go get them, though, because I want DH with me. He is not available tomorrow evening/night.

Thankfully we will get them. I will soon be doing the dance!!!!! :D

Funny thing..................

the original TA that I booked with still hasn't called or talked to me through all of this. I have been dealing with the manager, which is good. However, you would think that he would at least call and apologize or try to make it right somehow.

After all that, they want you to come to the office wednesday evening to pick up your docs? I guess them taking the extra effort to come to your house to drop them off with an apology is out of the question then! They really know how to treat their customers!

i still say don`t trust these dopes. call HAL and get a duplicate sent just in case. to me it does`nt matter that i can still get on board without the docs, it matters that i am going to be inconvienenced, and that is the only guarantee you have right now. your docs have more miles on them and different addresses than your going to see on your vacation. good luck and have a nice trip!

A week ago I had NO tickets. After much back and forth with HAL and the online travel agency, I got one set of tickets Monday and today I got a complete second set of tickets for all three of us . . . so there you go. I guess two is better than none! I'm happy.

Now, if ships services could just get my special requests straightened out. Third time they've lost them. Hopefully this new person who started a few weeks ago I was told will carry through on them. I did at least get an e-mail confirming she received the request, and brother, believe me, a copy of that e-mail is going right with me on that ship!

Happy Sailing!

Boy they must be really having a hard time at HA office.

They have trippled charged me for the last shore excursion I booked.

I have emailed them twice and still have not gotten a response. Finally got hold of someone on phone and they said that I would be getting a credit but they couldn't do it until Friday??? I guess I will keep checking my Visa account because the charges have all been on different days (3) just to be sure that it isn't charged again. Did you get anything from ship services on what you ordered? I have never gotten anything to show what I ordered except for where they charged my visa. Thought I might get a email but nothing.

TLHB - did you finally get your documents in your hands?

Hope so.

Shirl

Archived