Snorkel Gear

KOS

Is it better to just buy snorkel gear before sailing, or to rent it while on the boat (Can you rent it for all ports of call?) We plan mainly just going to the beaches during our stops at Grand Turk and Nassau-

Thanks!!!!

KOS

Is it better to just buy snorkel gear before sailing, or to rent it while on the boat (Can you rent it for all ports of call?) We plan mainly just going to the beaches during our stops at Grand Turk and Nassau-

Thanks!!!!

KOS

Will you use the snorkel gear again? I notice you are on the coast so if you want to buy, both your local Wal Mart and KMart will carry pretty good gear.

The pluses are you have a mask that fits you and you are the only one who has been using the gear.

The con is that you have to lug it all over the place.

We have a rolling dive bag.

Lots of good info in the following forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

And here is one thread in that forum that might help answer your questions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336371

We found a very good price online for a mask/snorkel combo. I liked it because it is a dry snorkel unlike most of the ones that you rent (helps to keep you from sucking in water if the snorkel goes below the surface). That combo has since been discontinued, but here is the link to where we bought them (they were on sale for $10 back in the fall):

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/BLRMSKBL.html

John

We bought our own at Sams Club and love them. They are made by Bodyglove! They come in a carrying bag, both the mask and fins adjust, the snorkel will close when it gets submerged (dry snorkel) and they are light to carry. They sell at this time of year for $49 but will drop to about $25 in the fall if they have any left.

Thanks for the help- I figured we'd buy our own, but just wanted to see if it made much sense to go that route. I figure that way we can use them at GT and CC own private island-Anyone else know where to but gear at a reasonable rate?

Thanks!!:)

KOS

As cheap as a mask and snorkel are I would buy my own. I don't like the idea of a used snorkel. :eek:

I just got a nice mask and snorkel set at Sports Authority on sale for $20. It even came with a DVD with tips on safe snorkeling.

Archived